Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
After I posted the latest Pipe Babe shoot yesterday, I received a comment on Facebook that I want to address since it's come up a few times before.
Someone said:

Am I the only one who thinks these "PipeGirls" photo shoots are completely not convincing? They always look too "staged" and not casual or candid enough for my tastes.
My answer is this:
Nowhere do we say, hey check out this lady that actually smokes a pipe in real life. A couple of our past models actually do smoke a pipe in their leisure time; Chelsea and Cynthia for example. But that's not the point of these photo shoots. We run a professional magazine and part of the content is for entertainment purposes, such as the Cartoons, and the Pipe Babes. The point is that a lot of people like to look at pictures of pretty women, and it only makes sense for them to be smoking a pipe if they are in Pipes Magazine. These are models, and they are staged, posed shots on purpose. We're not trying to fool anyone into thinking we snuck into the house and hid a camera to catch her smoking candidly. This is entertainment, just like Maxim Magazine has photos of hot models. There is one important difference that sets us apart though. Several cigar magazines publish model shoots where the model is just holding the cigar. You never see any of them actually smoke it for real. Even though most of our models do not smoke a pipe in real life - they smoke it for real during the photo shoots.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The other day another complete retard had a strenuous debate with me insisting that the smoke was "Photoshopped" into the photo of a Pipe Babe shoot.
Do you know how much work that would be? How completely ridiculous.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I'm 70 years old..That's probably more than twice the age of the pipe babes.Call me a dirty old man if you will.I still like looking at beautiful girls though.Thanks Kevin for adding the pipe babes to this great place to hang out.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Ha ha ha Puffy!
All of the girls are in their 20s. Most of them are early 20s. Julia that I posted yesterday is 21.
Most of them are 20 - 25, and the two oldest Pipe Babes are 28 & 29.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Of course the pictures are staged. Remember how painful your wedding pictures were! When I am forced to take part in a mass family picture, my sister in law tries to powder my head, to reduce the glare factor.
Winton

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Pipe Smoking Babes has a nice ring to it . And I am always amazed at the number of women who ansewer the want ad . :worship:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I think it's necessary for them to be holding a pipe, but not necessary for them to actually be smoking it, or for smoke to be coming out of the pipe.
Just get the most beautiful ladies you can find, and give them the most gorgeous looking artisan, son of a bitch thats a beautiful, pipe....babe.
I will comment that some of the shots I've seen where the smoke is in their eyes... looks a little funny. The smoke might be making it harder for them to hit their facial poses. Just one man's opinion mind you.
And is it just me or are most of the pipe babes more of a girl next door sort of thing? Was this on purpose or just a coincidence?
P.S. If it's ever in the budget.... 2 babes one pipe. Think about it. :wink:

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
What I appreciate about them is that they are so tasteful. I've never seen any even remotely approaching inappropriate. I think these are very well done.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Kevin, you put out a great product! The magazine is top notch. The forum is without a doubt one of the best thought out, most effectively moderated forums on the web. The radio show is professionally done and the content gets better and better. Your advertisers find value in advertising with you because it does the only thing that matters, it makes them money. The fact that someone like Rich from 4Noggins gets on the forum and offers a discount to members shows how valuable what you provide is to him. Briarbid is a good idea and will ultimately be successful. I admire and respect your accomplishments. Every successful endeavor will attract critics. Some are worth your attention. Some are not. Keep up the good work! - bp

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I think the pipe ladys are wonderful to look at . I have seen a few of them at pipe shows . :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.