PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
I came home today to find my two tins of Smokers Haven Exotique that I just ordered. I was recently gifted a sample of this tobacco from a very generous forum member who will remain nameless to protect the innocent. Anyway I instantly fell in love with this mixture and quickly made a small order of a couple of tins to ensure I have some to smoke at least for a little while. Anyone else have a fondness for this tobacco? And what others from Smokers Haven would you recommend?
image32-428x600.jpg

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Honestly, they are all good.
There isn't a huge variety in the flavors, you aren't finding a cantaloupe-flavored aromatic in one tin and a heavy latakia in the other.... they sort of range from a virginia/oriental mixture (exotique) to a medium stout latakia blend (20th anniversary). Select and In-b-tween are lighter, drifting back toward spicy/interesting flavors as opposed to smoky. There's the cognac-topped one too, and it's a little like Pembroke I suppose.
But all top quality stuff in that germain-y flavor profile.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Exotique is hands down my favorite English tobacco mixture. Try Cognac Mixture next, it's delicious and I prefer it over the often compared Pembroke. I believe they use Syrian Latakia in that one. Excellent stuff and I know you'll love it, man.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Exotique is one of the best of the best. The only other SH I've had is OBB and it's very seriously good as well, although I prefer Exotique in a race. I need to order their other blends and soon. If the rest are as good as those two, I'll be requiring more.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Every time I head back to smoker's haven to order "the other" blends, I find myself with a virtual cart filled with more Exotique. I read the reviews of Select Mixture, Cognac, and In-Between and they all seem to say that they're a more mild version of OBB and Exotique. I suppose on my next purchase I could throw in a tin of each, but I just have this feeling that I'll take a puff and think "I wish this was Exotique". Fortunately, I don't have an inherent need for variety, only that which I love. When it comes to English blends, I can't fathom anything much better than Exotique.

Status
Not open for further replies.