PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
When I first heard about this blend, I wasn't really sure just how fruity it might be. I just got it today and absolutely had to crack it open and get that first smell out of the way. Riding down in the elevator at the office, I'm sure I looked a fool with my nose shoved in the bag of this beautiful tin of deliciousness, but did I care? Nope.
The fruity sensations from the orange and passion fruit are fantastic, but not overpowering. It was a little moist out of the tin for me, so I let it dry out about 15 minutes or so. I filled up a bowl in my favorite cob and took it outside for a little after lunch stroll. Wow. So smooth and creamy and has all this floral, citrus like taste, but no overly sweetness to it. I have found my new favorite aromatic. It really is a slow burner for sure too. One walk around my usual path typically will get me about a half a bowl burn, but with this blend it only took me down to about a quarter of the way. I'm thinking it'll get smoked again on my way to the house today.
As a side note, I will have to say that it bears an awful similar resemblance to Connoisseur's Choice, which I also love, but the Exotic Passion feels a little heavier, or dense, if that makes sense. I'm going to smoke a few more bowls of this lovely stuff and just see how she treats me. I'm thinking it'll be pretty good.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
Agreed. I don't go heavy on aros but Exotic Orange is now my favorite aro. I brought it to a pipe club meeting and even non-aro smokers were digging it. It's also one of the few bowls my wife lets me smoke in the house when it's too hot out.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Me too. It's one of the few aros I like and just had some yesterday for the first time in awhile. It tastes like it smells, which is nice.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I haven't tried Exotic Passion but if you like orange flavored aromatics, the HU Tobaccos Bahia O is quite good. I don't like many aromatics but I enjoy a bowl of that one from time to time.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Never heard of it.
img_20170126_074406.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Yep, me too...one of my favorites. When my tin arrived about a month ago I dumped it all out on paper towels on cookie sheets. Dried it out a bit and then put it in jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.