PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have heard mention of Exhausted Rooster by Cornell and Diehl many times on the forum and for some inexplicable reason thought it was a Latakia blend!
It was for that reason I never looked into it.....that is until today where I see it is a blend of Virginia, Kentucky and Perique. It has very mixed reviews on Tobaccoreviews.com, more so than many other blends which puzzles me a little.
I'm a huge fan of VaPers and I do like me some Kentucky so I'm guessing I might well like this blend. I see it has a similar composition to G. Pease's Sixpence which I rather like.
What are the thoughts of the forum.....should I ask my Enabler to source me a tin?
Regards,
Jay.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Go for it, the worst that can happen is you don't like it, jar it, then trade it off for something you do like. On the flip side, it could end up being your all time favorite, but you will never know unless......:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some people seem to really like it, others not so much. Order a small quantity (one tin) and see how you like it. That's an approach that might be used with all blends, even the universally popular ones -- you may or may not like a particular blend, no matter what the reviews or Forums members say. If it doesn't appeal to you, I'd still jar it and try it again in a year or so. It may age a bit and improve, or you tastes might evolve. Blends have often bloomed for me after being put aside.

Mar 29, 2016
If you like the flavor profile of rum and raisins topped tobacco go for it. I consider it a quality aromatic.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I consider it a quality aromatic."
How can that be? According to TR.com it is unflavoured blend of "tasty flakes of Virginias, dark fired burley and a dash of perique."
Well thanks chaps for your thoughts......I shall indeed have to try a tin.
Regards,
Jay.

Mar 29, 2016
Quality aromatic as topping not over the top but the rum and raisins, I would even say eggnog, is definitely there. The tobacco taste is also nice but you can clearly taste the topping. To me, when a topping is equally or more present than the tobacco taste, it means an aromatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.