PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I spoke with Phil, the GM of Missouri Meerschaum today, and found out that this year’s harvest will start next week. And the harvest looks to be a very good one, with a focus on the larger sized cobs needed for the majority of models. If the crop turns out as good as expected, the reintroduction of the Bulldog cob could be ready to ship by sometime in June 2012. Also, all bits/stems now used for MM cobs are acrylic and not the plastic that was used previously.
Again, if the crop is as good as expected, and they won’t know for sure until the harvest is over, more Naturals will become available, and several new models could be offered in the not too distant future. A natural nose warmer, called the Morgan, seems popular in early tests, and there is also a mini-churchwarden, the Nighthawk, in the plans. There will be more attention paid to the fit and finish of all products, which Phil admitted needs improving.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Also, all bits/stems now used for MM cobs are acrylic and not the plastic that was used previously.
Thats going to go a long way in bringing back loyal fans.

Phil is really doing good things around there !

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks for that John. Any idea on how using acrylic stems will affect prices. Course they would still be a good value even if they cost more.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
bulldogs and acrylic stems - both are grade A ideas. I have an old Bulldog cob i got from lonestar; will be very cool to be able to buy a new one.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I'll buy more than one bulldog cob. and I really like acryllic stems, maybe an option on various colors. The brown or amber stems can be choice to me.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
this is great news love to see em bring back the cob shank w/ the brass band like my classic MM
cob002.jpg

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
a Bull Cob is what i'm looking forward to--my favorite shape--
funny; the stems never bothered me at all, but then i'm not a clincher--

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
No, I didn't ask if the acrylic stems would cause a price increase. But I would think/hope, that with the number of stems they use, any increase wouldn't pass to us until their next overall price increase. Brass, or at least brass tone ferules are/have been considered.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Sounds like a winner to me. I intend to get a couple of cobs after I deal with some TAD over the next couple of months.

landogilbot

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
I just caught a glimpse from the googles and damn they are nice. I must have to stock up big time when these bad boys are out. I love the bulldog shape.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
They all sound good. Bulldog would be a great one to have laying around. And the mini cobwarden would be a nice one to sit on the deck for a shorter smoke in the cooler fall evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.