PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbarnes

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2015
I was half hoping that this was a rare stamping mistake until I saw the mouthpiece! Did Dunhill ever make a shape like this?

I realise now that it must be a fake as the stampings would be on the front and reverse side of the shank- unless someone re- sanded their shell and refinished the pipe in a bruyere type finish and then fitted a shoddy mouthpiece on it! I am sure the seller is totally unaware. She added the last photo so I could 'see' the stamp marks
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152342635874?euid=6d58f062f9ac419394d8e711fac55e74&bu=44173505042&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yep, it's a piece of crap. Several of these smooth finished Dunghills stamped with "shell" stamps and patent stamps have been floating around. Pipe faking of the ignorant, by the ignorant, and for the ignorant shall not perish from the Earth.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
That sad thing is that someone newer to the hobby will likely end up buying this. I don't have the skills many of you have in identifying dunhills. I would see the white dot and stamp and think I found something special lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.