PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
For the new pipe smokers out there, I send a public service announcement. Sometimes everything you smoke tastes like crap. There it is. This week has been stressful, weather is damp and rainy, I have sinus congestion, I have the gooofies with my gal over some trivial matter, one of my dogs is sick, and it’s the anniversary of a good friends death.
And ...
Everything bowl I smoke tastes like a cigarette. Crap.
Just thought I’d post this to let you new smokers know that some times it all just tastes bad. Then a Nirvana smoke slaps you in the face and the stars align with Jupiter and all is perfect. But if you aren’t “getting it” don’t worry. Sometimes it is just a bad week.
End of public service announcement.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
npod, I understand, Brother. This sinus thing is kicking my tail. Won't waste the GOOD beverages on it, though. Maybe some Red Stag is in order.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Happened to me earlier in the year. I thought it was the tobacco. Everything tasted like soap, it was awful. Thankfully, it only lasted a few days. Get well soon.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Newb here but I’ve have a couple of days like that as well. Good info for all.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Yep. Nothing adds to an already negative mood (due to sickness) than all my favorite tobacco suddenly tasting bad. Sorry for your sucky week... get well soon.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Hang in there npod. Things will get better. The sun will rise in the morning and it will be glorious!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Thanks all. Actually! I’m not sad. Just a lot going on. And the moral of the story is that sometimes the pipe doesn’t taste right if your brain is elsewhere.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
And, Mama said there'd be days like this, days like this, my Mama said.
Thanks for the post, Neal. I've not experienced a total crap out, but sometimes after a bowl I am motivated towards laying off for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.