PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
SO you all know what is going on with the spouse. Every time I go to Johns Hopkins and sit for hours with my PC waiting, something happens. I get a little weird. So some JHH PAD.

The meer has 4 deer carved around the bowl just like this one shown.

The clay is 14" long and has a 2" deep bowl.

The last one well, I don't know what happened, I just had to have it. 24"long, bowl 2" deep.
Weird I know, but you want one of each now. Admit it, go ahead you are among friends.
deer-600x450.jpg

clay-600x450.jpg

long1-600x450.jpg

long2-450x600.jpg

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Weird I know, but you want one of each now. Admit it, go ahead you are among friends.
You got that right. Those are some gorgeous pipes.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
The ship on the bowl is relief carved into the bowl not an appliqué, the picture does not do it justice, it really is a piece of work.

Jul 15, 2011
Where did you get the clay? Looks pretty sweet. I have been interested in owning a clay or 2, and if that one is a good price, I may have to pull the trigger on one.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Welp, not to glom up the thread, she had neck cancer for the 3rd time and 3 weeks ago had surgery again. 2 weeks ago the drain incision became infected and we had to run back to JHH. She is on the mend but I am growing tired of driving up RT 95 for 150 miles every 3 days and camping out at JHH, uggg. Nice place but you wouldn't want to live there. We go back next week to see if they are going to do radiation again. There is a danger of losing taste and speech by doing it so soon after the last time 18 months ago. 3 cancers in 3 years, she is the strongest woman I know, and she calls me the trooper for hanging in there. Imagine.

Thanks for asking though. :D Thanks Phillip, too.
Now, how about them pipes. :puffy:

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Pipeinhand;
if i may ill pass on a story;
1996 April 1; took my 6 yr old daughter to IWK for blood work. April fools afternoon,same day, the doc came to me an said she had luekemia!!!!!! Wow.Speechless, anyway, long story short, after 5 yrs chemo, and hundreds of trips to the IWK @ 250km roundtrip, she is now 22 yrs old, beautiful and healthy!!!!!. I had surgery on my temple 2x in 2 weeks to remove the dangerous type of skin cancer just this summer. Once again success!!! My point mate; amazing things being done nowadays in oncology and ur spouse is gonna be healthy again. I just know it,

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll be thinking good pipe thoughts for your wife's improved health. That is definitely the place to be for the best care. Be careful on that 95 trek!
When I read this, I thought you were stopping by the nearby "Faders Tobacconist" stores. They have two locations around Baltimore and have a great selection of tobaccos and their own blends. They carry a pretty good pipe selection, bu their prices are at boutique levels.

http://www.faderstobac.com/

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Al: I am afraid to go. You see I have lots of credit cards, and if I step into a famed tobacconist bad things will happen not watching all that cash pass hands.
Really, I made this mistake whilst in Old Blighty a few years ago. It was bad, but the PAD/TAD was grand.
I am going to stop in there someday on a return trip from JHH, the one where they tell us to not come back :lol:
@nsfisher: thanks PM sent.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I understand that temptation! At the Towson store, they have a case full of Dunhills starting at $700+, too rich for my blood but pretty to behold. But, they're tobacco prices are actually pretty good. They always have a lot of Penzance if you are fan of that blend. (about 15 big pouch packs on my last visit and loose bags open to buy by the ounce, I bought 8 oz....)

Status
Not open for further replies.