PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Stratfordshire, an English bulk blend with Virginias, Orientals, Latakia and burleys,

is a full strength blend with lots of taste and vitality. I bought it to take advantage of the

20% sale on C&D blends at SP, and am impressed by the first bowl for its pep and clarity.

I haven't often seen this one offered before, or maybe I wasn't paying attention. Could it

be recently introduced or perhaps being phased out? It seems like something Forums

English and Lat lovers might enjoy over the holidays or on a more regular basis. Has anyone

else enjoyed (or not) this one? The rest of my TAD order was a tin of Gaslight and another

of Petersons Irish Flake, and a free sample of MacBarens Modern Virginia. Stratfordshire was

a pleasant surprise.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yes. Stratfordshire is one of my Top200 Cellar items and a great starter in the morning. It is good for all day too. When C&D started trimming their repertoire a year ago, and as the SP merge transpired, I was afraid this would be axed. But fortunately it stayed in the catalog. It's my fave C&D light Latakia.
hp

les

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My original post was three years ago, and I still think C&D Stratfordshire is an under-appreciated blend, full-flavored but not overbearing. If you like English blends, you might well like this one. I'm out of it right now, and heavy on English blends, but I'd certainly order it again.

rogerrodger

Lurker
Dec 7, 2018
I am a return pipe smoker after quitting about 35 years ago. Trying several one ounce samples from various sources, as well as buying tins that my brick and mortar shop, Cigar Chateau, recommends. Although Blackpoint is probably the blend I most admire, I really enjoy Stratfordshire as it is smoother and has a consistently nuttier flavor with the Latakia. It doesn't change a lot through the bowl, even and delightful. I ordered about ten ounces from Smokingpipes and pipesandcigars.com, though it is back ordered on pipesandcigars. It's also listed as Stratfordshire No. 61 there. Is there more than one C & D Stratfordshire?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've only seen the one version of Stratfordshire without the number, unless that's changed. Interesting to see this thread resurfaced!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
An after-afterthought, i will say that Stratfordshire has a distinct flavor. You could pick it out from a row of five English blends. Not same-o same-o.

Status
Not open for further replies.