PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I found a little tobacco shop near me and decided to stop in. It looked like a place that catered more towards people who smoke illegal plants and vapors but I was talking to to the guy telling him how I smoke a pipe and what not and he gave me a blend called C.W Obel bali shag and was like its top shelf stuff it's good I had never heard of it and he was i'm surprised you have never heard of it so he gave it to me for free. I was looking it up but cant find anything on it. I opened the pouch and it is dry as a desert and cut super thin, but it smells good like a burley burley tobacco. I will probably moisen it up some and smoke it, but was wondering if anyone knows anything about it ?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
First of all, NINE NINE NINE RULE NUMBER 9! Haha just givin' ya crap.
Second of all, a brief Google search is showing that it's a shag Burley roll your own cigarette tobacco. Apparently people say it's a top notch roll your own blend. I never messed around with roll your own cigarettes.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I smoked Drum for years, and sometimes settled for Bali Shag, which is basically the same stuff. I used the papers.

The job papers that came with the Drum were the least inflammatory paper I've ever used.

Thanks goodness I've learned to pipe. I don't smoke that 'sort' of tobacco anymore.

May 31, 2012
It's a classic halfzware shag,

I used to smoke the red label Bali Shag.
It won't ruin your pipe,

Five Brothers is a popular blend and very similar, except stronger and a bit harsher...
If you like the way it burns, usually a shag is easy to smoke because it burns so well, I'd recco Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Kentucky --- it's a stout shag too but the flavors are a bit deeper and nuttier.

Status
Not open for further replies.