PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I am not a very big smoker by many standards - average about a bowl a day, with a good chunk of that on weekends. With time off over the holidays though, I have been smoking far more than I usually do, and oddly, I can't get enough of the same blend: 2003 Christmas Cheer. I opened a tin of this just before Christmas, let it sit for a week, and once I tried it, I just couldn't get enough of it. I wake up thinking about the stuff. No other blend has ever had that impact on me.
The tin is almost gone.
My name is Peckinpahhombre, and I'm a Cheeraholic.

Aug 1, 2012
I've just gone through 2 straight tins of Pelican with no other tobacco smoked in between. I think I sort of understand what just happened to you.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Peck, I too am getting to the bottom of a tin of 2003 Christmas Cheer, and I have to say I am having trouble with it. In the beginning of the smoke, everything is great. Tremendous flavour and a nice natural sweetness. But I find the futher into the bowl I get, the flavours become almost over bearing. Have you ran into this issue at all, or am I just getting carried away and smoking the 2nd half too fast?
Sorry about asking a question off you topic.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
When I first tried Wilke No. 5 I went on a major bender.
Same thing when I first tried Angler's Dream.
Two very different tobaccos. Same reaction: couldn't get enough.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's always unexpected. Petersons Irish Whisky on one occasion, and Cup O Joes #5 another. Neither blend

was an immediate hit, but suddenly the enchantment just dawned on me.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Oh yeah! I've done that with Blue Mountain, Mazatec, FM Cellar and On The Town, 1Q, Carter Hall, C. C. Cavendish, Northwoods, and Sugar Barrel to name a few! That being said, a lot if times I don't smoke the same blend twice in a row.

Dec 24, 2012
Neil - I haven't had that problem. The stuff is smoking way too easy and delicious for me, all the way down to ash on the bottom of the bowl. I did get a mouthful of ash last night as I didn't realize the bowl was done, but that was the only bad flavour I have had.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Peck, I made the mistake of smoking 4 bowls of Stonehaven in one night...along with 3 rum and cokes...I took about 20 steps and passed out and hit the ground. The combination kicked my azz like I wouldn't believe,,,

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I smoked 7 bowls of various blends on Saturday and couldn't sleep that night! I normally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Of course. I've done it with a number of blends, including some that might be considered pretty pedestrian. Sometimes, a certain blend just scratches the itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.