PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Thanksgiving is mostly over and the southwest Ohio skies are relatively clear with a wispy cloud cover diffusing the mostly full moon. A bowl of Boswell's Best smolders confidently in an imperceptible breeze; tendrils of pleasant aroma float in the air. The tamp makes it's customary periodic visit and smoke curdles a little heavier. I close my eyes and listen to the gentle sounds in the darkness. A dog barks and his owner quiets him. I hear the rustle of a mouse or other small creature in the dead leaves that lightly coat the back yard. Thinking back on the day, I hear my parents laughter over a well played card in the family Euchre game. The bowl ends too soon. Another evening, another bowl awaits. I look forward to it.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Plum Pudding for me... Belly full and enjoying some whiskey and a pipe before I dig into some homemade pie and methinks some coffee is in order as well. Maybe end the night with some more plum pudding and coffe later too.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
My final pipe, this rainy November evening, is a 1985 Mark Twain rusticated loaded with Billy Budd. A nice warm (Batman) mug of strong coffee, and my wife and I enjoying a film, is the perfect ending to a wonderful day. The best wishes to all of you and yours!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
All through the Holiday I burned a pile of pinion and smoked my B&M's Larry's Blend. Did kitchen duty for 3 days and hit the deck at night. Fire, Kindle, and my pipes. I have to admit I overindulged on baccy, smoking as many as 4 pipes a day. I am not one bit sorry. It was fantastic. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tambolaka and Old Dark Fired played big this year. Then I retreated to Frog original, and now back to Old Dark Fired.

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
Ironically, I love early morning pipe as a late evening smoke. Probably because I like Durbar a lot, but the EMP is a little easier on the vitamin N. Wont keep me up at all.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
For me it's when the leaves are falling off the oak trees, sitting on my front porch with a hot mug of mulled wine or dram of single malt. Watching the squirrels prepare for the first frost as the sun sets over the trees. The smell of the fireplace inside finds me, to remind my senses of warm hearth brick and soft sofa. My Oom Paul Hercules is stuffed with something dark oily of the English persuasion.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Nights I'm up later than Herself, I enjoy retreating to the garage to relax and unwind with a mixed bowl. A couple of thin coins each of Black XX and Brown #4 with a little C&D Easy Times (that is a FrankenBlend I recently came up with). It gives me the strength I want with the Easy Times somehow mellowing the whole thing.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
just bought a ounce of mountain camp, it is nice sitting outside with a cup of silver needle tea to relax the nerves

Status
Not open for further replies.