PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulton

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
Saginaw,Michigan
For some reason I always enjoy an evening/night smoke much more than a day one. I imagine it's because I am able to quit solving problems and reflect on the day or life in general. Tonight it was a maiden smoke for my Luciano Pease/DiPiazza Bulldog. It's a stout little piece and I couldn't be more fond of it. Did I mention I was smoking a bowl of 2003 Dunhill Nightcap? (Compliments of a fellow forum member)
photo-1.jpg

The stem is actually a mix of grey-tones, but the pearl reflection caused some purple in the photo. Anybody else love a night smoke?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
They are the best in my opinion.
I can't stand a smoke in the morning. Even when I smoked cigs I couldn't light up util lunchtime.
But evening smokes are prime. Its a bit hard to describe but I find it directly coralates with alcohol in that my body is not ready to accept either until I have been awake and doing stuff for a period of time.
So by the time lunch and dinner time rolls around all is clear for lift off. 8)

Jul 15, 2011
I am a line cook at a restaurant up the road, and this is about the only time I get to smoke. Wake up about noon, take a shower, grab a bite to eat, get dressed, have to be at the restaurant at 2. Prep work for three hours, then dinner service starts. Cook my ass off for five hours, clean up the kitchen, have a beer with the cute server, then go home. Grab another small meal, and once Midnight rolls around, its time for the pipe in my big comfy chair in front of the TV. Quality programming and good baccy gives me time to reflect on the day, time to savor the good, forget the bad, ponder the creative things that need to be done (be it writing, pipe restoring, or photography), and ponder the what ifs and the how tos of life. Nothing is better, in my opinion. :puffy:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I also find it the best pipe of the day...... contemplating the day gone by and what is ahead......... :puffpipe:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
My day to day is upside down it would seem. The morning smokes are the best for me.

My evenings are wrapping up the days events. Critters, wifes day, dinner, cleaning up after dinner, more of the wifes day, pretty much crash.

I wake early though, with plenty of time for nothing but sitting and reflecting prior to the sunrise and the days beginnings.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I like to smoke in the evening as well, but I don't have a st schedule so I smoke when I can. I also like an early morning pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.