Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The Danish Pipe Shop Aps.

Frederiksberggade 36

1459 Copenhagen K, Denmark
1 units My Own Blend, 75 Anniversary Blend () á 143,20 - Total: DKK 143,20

1 units My Own Blend, 2014 Christmas Blend, 25 g. () á 40,00 - Total: DKK 40,00

1 units My Own Blend, Winter Special 2014 () á 154,40 - Total: DKK 154,40

1 units My Own Blend, Tobacco of two decades: 1939-1959 () á 150,40 - Total: DKK 150,40

1 units My Own Blend Kong Frederik English Mixture, 25 g. (25 gram MOB KF English) á 43,60 - Total: DKK 43,60

1 units My Own Blend, Special blend, Vintage Flake () á 150,40 - Total: DKK 150,40

1 units My Own Blend, Special blend, Dark Flake () á 150,40 - Total: DKK 150,40
Total excl. VAT DKK 1.012,40
Best regards Justin, Marc, Niels and Nikolaj

May 31, 2012
I wish Russ O. could import the Poul Olsen stuff,

it's STG now ain't it?
The MOB series has a lot of interesting sounding stuff!
Arno has a good post featuring his own custom MOB blend,

https://dutchpipesmoker.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/a-visit-to-amsterdam/

:puffy:
2021.jpg
I once ordered a pipe from DPS and got a weird phone call from FedEx asking me if I had indeed ordered a pipe from Denmark, I said yes, and he asked what kind of pipe is it? and I said "...it's a handcrafted artisan-made briar root wood tobacco smoking pipe, sir."

The whole conversation was strange and oddly unsettled me.

8O

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Troy, I have yet to order a pipe from The Danish Pipe Shop, but I have been sorely tempted many times. They have a great selection. With the Euro dropping like a rock, I may have to acquiesce...
Here's a great deal: A beautiful My Own Blend year pipe from 2004, NOS, EUR 67,11
8616d.jpg

And yes, STG owns the Paul Olsen brand now. I am very impressed that they have kept as many blends as they have.

May 31, 2012
You are implanting viral ideas into my susceptible little brain!
What better a time to try some of those MOB's I've been itching to taste,

now that the $ to € rate is so much better!
I was disappointed a little when I had to remove 2 tins of MOB from my cart when I got the pipe, it bumped up the shipping cost too much for me, first I dropped just one, but it was still above my budget, so both had to be 86'd :crying: --- so now I might as well get down to jammytown and groove on over to DPS for some piber tobak!!!!
MOB has a great cast of characters,

especially the Capstan Full replica...

http://www.danishpipeshop.com/product.asp?product=119#.VMRC1C6RYpo
I have smoked MOB 111 Flake and it's a pretty damn good VaPer,

I had bought 2 full sealed tins from Pipestud,

they used to actually distribute a few of them over here and 111 was one of those,

I think my tins were roughly circa 2008.
Roth liked the damn stuff so much that I ended up gifting him the other tin I had yet to open,

after reading his highly enthused review (regarding a sample I had sent him), it was my pleasure to pass it along...

If you haven't tried the #111, and you're a Va/Per Fan, this flake is, IMO, at the very top of what a Va/Per should be.
No holds barred. there's no better Va/Per than this #111.
I am almost out of the Paul Olsen My Own Blend No. 111 sample. No, there is nothing else like it. No, you can't buy #111 here in the USA.
Maybe it's the Dark Fired Kentucky? Maybe it's the top notch, and just the right amount of the genuine Saint James Perique? One thing for sure -- the Virginias are just terrific and OMG, the blender worked magic on this one, thanks Paul -- you're a hand blending genius!
As I smoke this, cheap as I am, I'm actually thinking of getting a few 100 gram tins of this from across the pond.
Expensive? Sure. But y'all who think Escudo is the cat's ass, likely haven't smoked Paul Olsen My Own Blend #111 Flake.
...and another thread:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-own-blends-111
:​
p1040677-1024x683-600x400.jpg

p1040680-1024x683-600x400.jpg

...I've always wanted to try Singleton too!

http://www.danishpipeshop.com/product.asp?product=4439#.VMRChy6RYpo

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
I once ordered a pipe from DPS and got a weird phone call from FedEx asking me if I had indeed ordered a pipe from Denmark, I said yes, and he asked what kind of pipe is it? and I said "...it's a handcrafted artisan-made briar root wood tobacco smoking pipe, sir."

The whole conversation was strange and oddly unsettled me.
Americans often confuse Denmark for The Netherlands. Perhaps they thought it was a pipe for something a bit more, mind expanding :roll:
now that the $ to € rate is so much better!

:cry:

May 31, 2012
Nice to see you here, Arno!
ditto
:!:
:
I'll send an email later today...

:worship:

...thanks to you are in order.
I am a procrastinating idiot and should have written you sooner.
Cheers!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I always have them fill out the packing slip as birkas, Korans or Migrant Workers.

Never had a problem with US Customs that way.

May 31, 2012
I always have them fill out the packing slip as birkas, Korans or Migrant Workers.

Never had a problem with US Customs that way.
Laughing my asses off!

:clap:

Next time I'll declare it to be non-explosive underwear!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.