PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Nielsen

Lurker
Jan 1, 2019
New user here. hello.

Looking for really heavy latakia blends (love latakia), but living in highly taxed and restricted Europe, I only have access to a few brands, such as Dunhill, Macbaren, Gawith, Rattray's... So it's impossible for me to get stuff like 'Penzance' & 'Pirate Kake', which I hear are amazing. Ah well. I already love SG. Commonwealth (though it's a bit simple), and will soon try Nightcap.

So, does anyone have any suggestions to some deep, rich, latakia-heavy blends accessible in EU?

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
A lot of tobacco is manufactured in Europe - kohlhase and kopp in Germany, Mac Baren and STG out of Denmark, Gawith, Germain's etc out of England.
Off the top of my head, look into Rattray's Accountant's Mixture and Black Mallory. Savinelli "Giubileo D'Oro" is latakia forward. Dan Tobacco "Gordon Pym" or if you can get it, "Old Ironsides" is a real bomb.
Poke around, there are many good ones.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Some in Germany include:
HU: Olaf's Favourite English

HU: Zulu

Robert McConnell: Pure Latakia

Dan Tobacco: London Blend 1000

Motzek: Dark Side Alpha
Motzek also has just Latakia for sale (presumably for blending your own) as well as one I haven't tried "Evening Latakia".

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Off the top of my head, look into Rattray's Accountant's Mixture and Black Mallory. Savinelli "Giubileo D'Oro" is latakia forward. Dan Tobacco "Gordon Pym" or if you can get it, "Old Ironsides" is a real bomb.
I disagree. Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro, although a great tobacco, it is not Latakia forward.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Well, the Giubileo isn't Pirate Kake, no. I was just kind of running through a pile of blends that are easy to get and contain significant latakia. London 1000, as noted above, is probably a better rec given the OP's desires, but if I answer every post perfectly, where does it leave you guys?? :lol:

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
May not have been clear from my post above that the Robert McConnell Pure Latakia is meant for blending your own.
If you have a tobacco shop they may also have a pure Latakia offering so that you can make any other blend more Latakia forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.