Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Ethan Brandt. Ethan is a law student, pipe smoker and author of The Speakeasy column on PipesMagazine.com. He has a blog all about pipes called Pipe School and has had pipe-related pieces published at SmokingPipes.com, Quality Briar, and works closely with The Briar Portrait Gallery. In the "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will recount his last trip where he went to the St. Louis Pipe Show, and he also visited the town of Marceline, which is where Walt Disney grew up.
ethan-brandt.jpg

Ethan Brandt

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Another enjoyable show. I am glad to hear Jethro Tull, though Fires at Midnight is the song that first comes to my mind when I am smoking at the end of the day. Might we hear that Jethro Tull gem in a future episode?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the show. I quite enjoyed it myself. Ethan is a great guy, and Brian is doing a kickass job with the show overall.
The announcer joke in the beginning is because we were running late with our show prep and I was getting on Brian's case. :)

Feb 18, 2011
Listened today, and I've been following Ethan's column since he started. Really enjoy the drink education and pairing suggestions.
I'm in that middle generation too Brian, although just a scooch younger than you. Enjoyed your perspective on what the younger crowd needed to do. I get out and pipe in public as much as possible when out on the town. The most I can hope is I inspire someone else to go out and pick up a pipe and consider its use.
As always, thank you for hosting, and thank Kevin for being the guy behind the scenes!
Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.