PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky67

Lurker
May 28, 2016
Just bought a Estella pipe. I don't have any pics but looks good. As I understand it these pipes were made by Savinelli some time ago. Are they decent pipes?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Congrats on the purchase, bluesky67. You might enjoy looking through this past thread from a couple of years ago regarding the Estella line - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/savinelli-estella-estate

bluesky67

Lurker
May 28, 2016
Thanks for the tip pipestud I'll do that. I also purchased a Ben Wade meerschaum stamped GT. Britain (arched) any info. on this one?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Bluesky: I own four Estellas and they are great smokers. Legend has it that they are Savinelli Autograph seconds. I own a few of those, too, and they are great smokers as well. But, you can't go wrong with an Estella.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Bluesky67:
I kick started that thread several years ago.
At 30 bucks it was the most expensive estate pipe I'd ever run across. But, our resident frogman told me that he'd buy it from me, sight unseen, if I didn't like it. That said, I called the seller, put it on hold and made a forty mile round trip to collect it.
Learn this, bubba. Tbradsim1, is my rabbi here. And that Sav Estella is still in my weekly rotation.
You did good, my friend. Please post pix.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.