PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Hi all pipers, I've got this wonderful Savinelli estate today, have to share pics with you, can't sleep until send share pics with you.
It is fantastic bent bulldog, with stem extension that brings it close to churchwarden. without filter. Needs some care and alcohol/salt treatment, and some refurb for the stem.
here it is disassembled
img_0313-600x450.jpg

The bowl
img_0314-600x450.jpg

img_0317-600x450.jpg

model carving with manufacturing country
img_0320-600x450.jpg

pipe assembled without extension stem
img_0321-600x450.jpg

img_0323-600x450.jpg

and here it is with the stem extension, and see how wonderful it is
img_0324-600x450.jpg

img_0325-600x450.jpg

so what is your feed back pipers?

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Thanks all of you mates
I give that oldboy the routine cleaning (bristle cleaner and wiping only)and smoked a bowl, found it smokes great. The stem extension seems to work like a charm, no gurgling no over heating, smoke is cool and dry, only bowl is a little small like majority of bulldog shape but works well. I'm going to begin refurbing it today
Yesterday, I tried to get more info about that series in Savinelli but didn't fint it on the internet. I got the pipe from my father, he said he purchased it from local tobacconist in Egypt, and pipe age is around 35 years. Do you have more info about Savinelli Partner series? Actuall I'm not Savinelli big fan and my info about it is limited.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That is a unique and beautiful Savinelli hanymamdouh, Congrats! Also very cool that you got the pipe from your father. Nice job photographing the detail in the briar -thanks for sharing.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
I've tried my best to get info about the pipe, but couldn't find any info on the internet, so, I've sent email to Savinelli. They are very kind people, I've copied their reply below
------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Mamdouh,
Thank you for contacting Savinelli.
Congratulations! The pipe that your father bought 13 years in Egypt is very rare.
You are right, the name is Partner Deluxe, Savinelli used to handcraft this model in the 80’s. Savinelli’s artisans stopped producing it more than 30 years ago.
The Partner Deluxe is a pretty unique series because is the only pipe which has the possibility to lengthen the shank with the usage of an extra tool, (you are showing it in your photo), that has to be applied between the bowl of the pipe and the mouthpiece
Do not hesitate to contact me for any further questions
Best Regards
Giacomo Carlesi

-----------------------------------------

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a handsome pipe and neat bit of pipe history. I love digging into the history on a pipe, that always gives me some special satisfaction. Enjoy the pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.