Estate Savinelli Collection 2000 - Sand Blast Quality?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I've been trying to contain my PAD but I fell in love with this one and just pulled the trigger. I think this will be only my second sand blast so I'm no expert but the SB job here looks to my eyes to be excellent. The pipe appears to be in great shape except perhaps for some rim darkening. What are your thoughts?

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
It is more than nice pipe with beautiful ring grain and looks very clean.

It looks like almost autograph 5 or 6 grade.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Yea, the only drawback is that is a European pipe drilled for 9mm filters. I've ordered and adapter and some filters. Will try both. The adapter brings it down to a 3mm opening. I would prefer 4mm and I can probably open the adapter another mil if needed. But I'm going to try it out first.
One of the things that I liked about this pipe was the ring blast. From the little I know, the SB appears to be excellent.
Does the papipe refer to pop or Pennsylvania?
Thanks Forest7. I think this is how I'm going to buy pipes from now on. I'm not going for deals but for pipes that I fall in love with. Mike at briarblues is terrific to work with. I wouldn't know about him if it weren't for fellow members of PM forums.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I do have couple of 9 mm filter pipes and I love to smoke without filter or adapter.

I did try but find out without filter has some advantages like draw easy and some 9 mm pipe has draw hole on upper side of shank. That pipe(Vauen deluxe) works like system pipe.

That case most 9 mm pipes are very good for english(latkia) or balkan.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I'll let you know how this one smokes. I know nothing about the Autograph line, or even how the grade levels are determined.
pax

Status
Not open for further replies.