PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
My B&M had about a dozen of these lightly smoked pipes come in on a trade. This shape caught my eye and it has been smoking beautifully. This is my first twin bore and it seems to smoke just a bit cooler than a regular stem. The flavor seems a tad richer too, but maybe it's all marketing. Anyone else have one of these ? What say you ?

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jeff:
I've got a twin bore Edward Burak - thank you, Dave - which is a pleasure to smoke but no great shakes as a taste enhancer. It's a beautiful burner, to be sure, but I can't tell the difference between it and a regular stem.
BTW, my Burak is is handling Stimulus just fine.
Fnord

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Very nice rustication on that Radice twin bore. Yes, I have a selection of them, both twin bore and single bore stemmed pipes from Radice. They are excellent smokers, very nice handwork, can be had for decent money. Radice also produced some Oil Cured briars for only a couple years. I guess David Field (the importer at the time) wanted an oil cured briar line once he dropped importing Ashton pipes. Some collectors look for the Radice Oil Cured pipes (they are stamped oil cured) and they are also great smokes.

Congrats on your twin bore and thanks for sharing the photo.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
F9D2188A-67B2-45D0-9D5A-59748636CA57-32635-0000374C4A7D422A_zps05377333.jpg
Thanks to Doc I looked at my Radice Silk Cut Twin Bore and saw Oil

cured on it, didn't pay attention to it, the silver Band drew my eye, as far as smoking it is a very pleasant smoker.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Beautiful pipes! Please enlighten me - are there two bores in the shank, the stem, or both? I've never heard of a twin-bore pipe.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Well I just got back from my B&M and the only thing stopping me from putting my hot little hands on another Radice Bark was my bank account :( I've been concentrating on the cellar and put up 7 tins this week, so I can't really complain.
Glad you're enjoying the Stimulus Package Jim. It's a fine blend, just a bit too stimulating for me !

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
My Oil Cured Twin bore is a great smoker. Anyone with a chance to own one should definitely jump at the opportunity. You can't go wrong with a Radice, adding a twin bore just makes it that much better. I would to have a clear stem one like Old Cajuns. They go together very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.