Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
My daughter acquired a small collection of estate pipes and a stand from a nearby garage sale and gifted them to me for Xmas. There are some unusual looking pieces in here so I thought I'd share.

^The set, and the stand. Holds 10 pipes.

^These two are very nearly identical in finish and design, with the second one being slightly smaller. There are no markings or identification on either one, not even a symbol on the stem.

^These two are very unusual looking. The stem is metal and has cutouts, and is completely open and relies on the filter inside to keep the pull of air directed through the bowl. Very strange indeed.

(marked: Medico, ventilator)

(marked: Milano, 39)

(unmarked, save for tiny circle on stem)

(marked: Medico, Appolo)

(marked: Yello-Bole, Imperial)
So what do y'all think. Some unusual pieces in there for sure. A couple of them need some TLC for sure, but they all look serviceable.
(editted to get pictures to work.)

Scriptonic

(scripto)
Jun 12, 2013
Not a bad little lot. I think your daughter did pretty well. The Milano is my favorite out of the lot I think.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Those Metal Medico Ventilator's are strange looking indeed. They must be for strong smokes so you get a 50/50 mix of smoke and air maybe. Some nice pipes there, I like the Milano and YelloBole the most

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
you can only smoke the ventilators with a filter in place and that last yello bole is drool worthy :) also diggin the kalashnikov in the background

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
What a cool gift man. She had no way of knowing that she picked up several historical artifacts in there

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
@rcstan: I had just finished giving the insides a good vodka bath after Kalashnikov Day (Dec.23) activities. Even if I wasn't airing it out, I seldom use the mechanical safety on it but rather rely on the primary safety (user discipline).
The Milano and the Yello-bole are my two favorites as well. The Milano unfortunately has a broken stem. The pieces fit so nicely together though that you cant tell, and I'm pretty sure I can adhesive the stem back together to be usable, but doing so would render it impossible to remove the stem for cleaning.. Not sure what I'm going to do with that at this point.

The Yello-Bole was obviously the previous owners favorite as well. It has a very thick cake built up, which has an amazingly strong aroma sitting on my desk.

Also, I posted this little pipe as being unmarked, but in the sunlight I was just able to make out a marking that says "Slimfellow". This is a nice little pipe and will likely end up being my new driving pipe.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Give the girl a button--she did good!! The Ventilators also make good tampers!

Status
Not open for further replies.