PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Here is a pic of my latest estate finds. These were all pretty rough when I found them. Ugly ducklings, just how I like them. The first is a Mastercraft Deluxe made in Italy. Second is a Savinelli Rock Grain. Third is a Danish Sovereign 364 plateau top. I paid $10 for all three! The lady at the sale said she had a box of pipes somewhere but couldn't find them. AHHHHH! I gave her my number and I'm still waiting. http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/10668/estate-finds-8-14.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Very pretty ducks now, not ugly at all! I understand why you like to find them in less than stellar condition. First, the price is usually really good because to most people they look pretty gross. Only you can see the beauty and value through the grime. Then the restoration process makes the pipes yours more than they would be otherwise.
I just got a Kaywoodie Supergrain Handmade via ebay today in the original pipe sock and box for a total of $13.00! It needs TLC and I'm looking forward to that project (and a few others) this weekend.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Is it safe to assume that those pics are AFTER restoration? Because they look amazing! I hope the lady finds the elusive box of pipes for you.
I love the Steve Brule avatar, btw. Great Job!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Yes those are the after pics. The previous owner smoked the hell out of them and apparently never heard of a pipe cleaner or reamer.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, very nice. I love that Prince!
estate-finds-8-14.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow...an incredible deal, and a superb job cleaning those up. All 3 are very nice...congrats...enjoy every puff.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Very nice score on the pipes and a excellent job on the restoration..

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks fellas. I have fixed up quite a few pipes for other people. It is a labor of love. I'm probably not even making minimum wage for a what I've charged for doing it. I pay more attention to detail on other peoples resto's than my own. It would hardly be a side business as I would quickly be in the red.

Status
Not open for further replies.