PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
I was off work this week and decided to go on the hunt for some new estates. I trolled the flea markets, antiques stores, thrift shops and here is the haul:

newestates_zps32b6b714.jpg

Bottom Left to Top Right:

Bjarne Churchwarden

Comoy Tigers Eye

Comoy Sandblast

Comoy Tradition (Canadian)

Comoy Tradition (Bulldog)

Comoy Virgin

Savinelli (can't make out the name)

Top Left Corner:

St James bent (Comoy Second)

Willmer

Rinaldo Lithos (picked this up on Etsy for a great deal)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I must be living wrong. I haven't found one pipe in my foraging as good as any of those. I've never come across

one Comoy, let alone a row of them. I'm shopping in all the wrong places. Did you get a super deal or have to

pay up? These are extra nice.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I must be living wrong. I haven't found one pipe in my foraging as good as any of those. I've never come across

one Comoy, let alone a row of them. I'm shopping in all the wrong places.
+1

I hate you!! :lol:

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
I could hunt all day and be lucky to find any one of those. Nice haul, congratulations.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Man, what's the chances of all of those being in such good looking condition for one week's work? Great looking pipes Dixie. I'm envious. None of my finds have been this nice. Congrats

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I must be hitting up all the wrong places. I spent a whole afternoon in town here and managed to find two decent cheap pipes just to practice resto work on.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks all! it was a fun week indeed. I did not get these all at one place and I paid $10 or less for each pipe with the exception of the Rinaldo Lithos that I bought on Etsy. I went from Cambria down the California coast to Malibu and visited at least 15 different antique shops and 4 vintage/flea markets to round these up but man was it fun. Today was my last day and I went to a vintage fair and found these:

estates2_zps10df6cb8.jpg

from top to bottom:

GBD Century

Kaywoodie Carburetor

GBD New Era

(all in great shape with no fills or burnout...I am still working on the stems and polishing the bowls)

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Here is my latest find. $7.50 at a junkstore. The box it was in came with bonus Grabow advertisement. I still have a little work left to do on it, but I posted it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.