PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
So I know Esoterica is blended by a small company, and they use old school equipment and age their baccy for a while. My question is this, does anyone know about how long it usually is between runs that get shipped out? Or is it just completely random and it comes out when it comes out? Just curious. Thanks!

Mar 29, 2016
Anybody answering those questions could also answer the great riddle of the universe. I want to be educated but this could also be fun. :D

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Well, I figured it was a shot in the dark, but you never know until you ask.

Mar 29, 2016
Well the answer is in the name of this tobacco, everything is esoteric about it. The way it's made, the tobacco composition savantly mixed with the casing/topping, the scarcity and mostly the hype. An entire encyclopedia could be written about these things and yet at the end of it all, nothing. A great void awaits those who dare to hope for a constant delivery of the "delicious" Esoterica Tobacciana leaf. Despair mortal!

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
My local B&M seems to get it in 2-3 times per year, and fortunately there isn’t a ton of demand, so I get some almost every time it arrives. My cellar has a good stash of Stonehaven, Dorchester, Dunbar, and Margate. Never any Penzance to be had though.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I do not seek to obtain unobtainium. Way too time-consuming and frustrating, and expensive! I don't care what's the tobacco is, I ain't paying premo prices for it.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I can usually get any of them upon release. Penzance isn't always available, but it usually is. I agree, about every quarter, give or take.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I really need to pony up for a tin of Penzance someday and see for myself what all the hype is about. I have the feeling I'm going to be disappointed though.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I really need to pony up for a tin of Penzance someday and see for myself what all the hype is about. I have the feeling I'm going to be disappointed though.
I was lucky to find it in the wild once. A few bowls in, I was glad that I didnt spend money on secondary market prices. It really cooled off my desire to chase unicorns.YMMV

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If you pay msrp, I think you'll be pleased. If you write a check for $50 for a tin, I suspect you'll wish you'd kept your checkbook in your pocket. I really like Penzance but it isn't worth the crazy prices paid imho.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Well, if anyone here has access to F&T Cut Virginia Plug, I'd be willing to pick up whichever you want in trade, when it comes back in. Even up, ounce for ounce. PM me your preference if interested.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
If you pay msrp, I think you'll be pleased. If you write a check for $50 for a tin,
Good luck with that. They're $80-$120 on ebay right now.
I wouldn't mind paying $50 or even $80+, IF I liked it better than 965. I prefer flakes and would love to find a good English flake, but haven't found anything better than 965 so far. I don't smoke English that often and a tin will likely last me a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.