PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
SmokingPipes.com has several of the Esoterica blends in stock. Get 'em while you can!
Bob

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Yeah it was like that when I tried to get my hands on a tub of Sugar Barrel. I gave up. Now I can't afford to think about trying to get some. Oh well...to be continued another day once employed again.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
toker:
Penzance wasn't one of the blends in stock. ;)
darjones:
You can set up e-mail alerts with Smokingpipes.com. I overlooked the one I got today for about 90 minutes. . . and the blend was still in stock when I went to order two bags of And So to Bed.
As I type, there are currently 8oz bags of ASTB still available, as well as bags of Kingsbridge, Ramsgate, and Woodbridge. (I know: Some folks think the only Esoterica blends to smoke are Stonehaven and Penzance, but I haven't been disappointed by any of the others I've tried as well.)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
just keep pleading with pipes magazine members who have the Esoterica blends that you want. Ply them with suggestions of trades for tobaccos that you have and they want and eventually one of the Penzance hoarders will give way.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Actually Penzance was in stock. I got an Email from them at 12:30pm. I checked the site at 4:30pm and guess what it's all gone. :crying:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
swhipple:
Thanks for that note! I must have decided I have enough already and didn't bother setting up an alert. (And the in-stock blends don't typically show up in the main Brand section of the site unless you actually click the e-mail you get, which seems to take you to a special page. I guess that's their way of giving first-dibs to those who set up an in-stock alert.)
But, yeah, if you have to wait three hours to respond to an alert for something like Penzance, then it's not even worth it to set one up. I realize not everyone has a smart phone yet -- or constant access to their personal e-mail -- but my personal recommendation is to respond immediately when you get an in-stock notification. Or at least within the first 2-3 minutes after the e-mail arrives.
Bob

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I guess I didn't realize how fast it would go. I want to try some of the esoterica blends but it's not super important to me at this point.

May 31, 2012
Penzance sold out in 6 minutes!

:lol:
SG SJF went fast too!
...and I missed the window for Old Ironsides too!
Getting well-loved blends is near impossible!
Gotta be a quick gunslinger to get the goods!
It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad!

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I picked up an 8oz bad of ASTB. I have been waiting forever for it to come back in. I signed up for the email notice when it came back in stock. Got the notice in my email, called the wife and she ordered it up for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.