PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Has anyone tried this, its been in the smokingpipes best sellers for a while. Can I get a quick review, I like to hear from you guys better than other websites, seems more trustworthy and I respect your opinions better.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
It's on my list. I have a tin of Dunbar coming, and will hopefully get an idea of their Va processing.

They are unquestionably adept with English blends, hopefully they are not a one trick pony, for me personally.

There is a review of Dunbar on this forum, and it was a good read.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Fantastic stuff. High quality bright, light and sweet Virginias are softened up by the air cured which adds a slightly creamy mouth feel and nicotine potency as well. Then they added the exactly perfect amount of perique to weave just the right amount of that stewed fruit, earth and spice quality through the whole mixture. The smoke is strong, bright, earthy, sweet and spicy with a slightly creamy, buttery mouth feel. At certain points of the bowl you get moments of toffee, candied fruit and freshly baked yeasty bread while others bring moments of sweet spice and/or earthy spice. But there is always a constant drop of hot sauce behind the whole thing...a certain persistent spice. I consider Dorchester to be an intense smoke. Blow this stuff out through your nose and it makes your eyes water but it is so so good. All that strong bright spice and sugar just wraps around your entire head and devours you for a second or 2 till things start to come clear and you realize where you are again. I have been smoking this stuff for over 10 years and it is responsible for some of my most sublime and memorable smoking experiences. Hope you enjoy it. I am never without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.