PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Has anyone ever learned how to date the 8oz bags of Esoterica blends? They have a number on them, but if it tells a date, there must be a code of some kind. I know some blends, (MacBaren for one) date their tins, but it seems to me that every container of any kind of tobacco should have an obvious date marked on it. WTF :roll:

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
lol well send me them I'll figure out the date but I will have to smoke some. Actually I think most tobacconist don't put dates on tins or bags because there is a fear that a costumer won't purchase it because they may think it's not fresh. The only thing I can think of is just use the date you purchased the tobacco, unless of course you purchased from another source who may have purchased it at a later date. Obviously use that date. Hopefully another forum member may be able to help.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/dating-a-bag-of-pembroke

This is an old thread on here related to a bag of pembroke.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I've never heard of any way to date an Esoterica bag. I agree that all these manufacturers could easily place a date code. I understand that in the time of our fathers (cough, cough) dating wasn't a big deal but today it bears some merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.