PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Purely posting for educational purposes. Item on the bay. Not my listing. Only if.... $5000 and it is yours.
These collectible tins and foil bags are all unopened and were purchased between 2007-2009.
Penzance
8 tins (50/50 2007/2009)
5 8 oz foil bags, cream color (2 are 2007, 3 2009)
Margate
16 tins (2-3 2007, rest 2009)
4 foil bags, cream color (2009)
Stonehaven
2 cream color foil bags (both 2007)

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
At time, I think of moving to Murica and starting Esoterica reselling business.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pipetobaccomarket/comments/6i40m8/cross_posting_this_response_to_people_interested/
This is the seller, does not seem like a bad guy at all.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
aquadoc
I find 5$ per oz reasonable and 8$ in case the tobacco is something I have to sample.
Reasonable price is dictated by the highest bidder, is what I believe in.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"Reasonable" is in the eye of the beholder, no? Diff strokes, diff folks. If I had crazy money—and that, too, is subject to the individual's take— I might bite at the offered price. But I don't and so won't.
My own "reasonable" coincides pretty much as to what kanse writes, though I have paid $7/oz for some Esotericas in the bag.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love capitalism.
Really.
Truly and deeply.
Read a story recently about an eight year old who coerced his parents into shelling out 45 bucks for a case of 100 spinners to be shipped directly from China with no mailing charges. They showed up a few days before summer recess and our little entrepreneur flipped every one of them for a fin each.
This little captain of industry - and future titan - is my personal hero for the month of May. And God bless every mother loving one of you Esoterica holders for max'ing out on your investment.
Pappy Van Winkle, anybody? Antiquated companies that wholesale desired commodities for their market price and "enjoy" the buggering? I don't quite understand this business model but I am reveling in the subsequent shit show and fireworks.
Fnord

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I just find it terribly amusing. I never pay more than $30 for a bag of any of the Esoterica blends. You can find them all over the country at B&M's if someone takes the time to call them.
img_20170620_053602-337x600.jpg

inquisitor3

Lurker
Jun 20, 2017
I have never met a tobacco that I like enough to pay $37 an ounce, but considering that some people will pay $100 for a bottle of wine that two people can consume in an hour, I can understand that market for it. Assuming 3 oz bowls and 45 minutes per bowl, its about $6 per hour. There have been a few smokes in my lifetime that I would pay that much to re-create!
Kris

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
Kris
That is a profound way to look at it. 6 bucks an hour for a sublime experience is no doubt a bargain.

I am betting however, that more than just the tobacco went into your incredible smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.