Escoterica - Stonehaven. How to look for it?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevuke79

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2016
I've read a lot abt escoterica tobaccos like Stonehaven.
I'm no connoisseur but tobacco is cheap enough I would just try it. I know it's never available and very rare to find. You search for it .. and it comes up.. then u see its out of stock.
Two questions:
1. Is there any way to know when it might be available? Do we know WHEN to look? Do you literally check the sites every day?

Is it simply unaquireable except by the truly devoted?
2. Is it really worth it?

Dec 28, 2015
I don't know if it's "worth it" but based on the sample I recently got from a forum member it is " really damn good!"

stevuke79

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2016
Thanks Blue!
And gotcha Chasing!

(Or maybe u just want it all 4 yourself! Hmmmmmn?? ;) ;))

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
2. Is it really worth it?
original-471x600.png

No

stevuke79

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2016
Chasingmembers - i was being totally ridiculous. In my mind it was funny, lol.. until i said it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Stonehaven is a good one to try for a first go, right?

Do you like smoking pretty much straight Virginia's? If you don't appreciate them, don't bother hunting down stonehaven. Yest it's technically a VaBur, but if you don't like straight Va, you aren't going to enjoy it. To me it's good but it's not worth any more than what's readily available.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Chasingmembers - i was being totally ridiculous. In my mind it was funny, lol.. until i said it.
I know. :mrgreen: There are some that would enable that ploy, but my cellar is getting massive, and I wouldn't turn someone away from a tobacco they may enjoy. I just really don't care for Stonehaven or Penzance. I think Mac Baren's Old Dark Fired is a much better representative of the VaBur genre than Stonehaven.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I just noticed that people keep putting an extra "m" in my name. Makes me sound like a forum stalker! 8O
:rofl:

stevuke79

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2016
Ahhhhh....
So far i havent had great experience with virginias... but ive put away a few to age so hopefully ill like them in a few months.
I want to like virginias... but they're kind of strong.
Ive liked Cavendishes and latikas.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Ive given up trying to get ahold of these blends. Plus there are so many others to try.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The best way to find these is to call B&Ms. If they're at one, then they will turn up at others. The well known on line stores sell out in a few minutes due to the hoarders and speculators.
I like Stonehaven, though I only smoke it once or twice a month as it's a PITA that requires just the right moisture to give up its flavors. I'm not a fan of Penzance.
Neither of them is going to provide a life changing spiritual experience. They're just good tobaccos.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My B&M got 4 tins each of the Esoterica blends on Thursday. I managed to get a tin each of Penzance and Stonehaven. They still had Tilbury, Margate and a few others left when I went home but word got out fast.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Definitely not worth it in my opinion. Penzance and Margate are great tobacco's, but they too aren't worth the time and energy to try and track them down. If you happen upon them, then snatch some up but otherwise I would look for other blends that suit my flavor profile.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I just noticed that people keep putting an extra "m" in my name. Makes me sound like a forum stalker! 8O
It also takes on a meaning outside the forum, but there's a not-nice name for girls who do that..... :oops: 8O
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.