PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
So I got this old leather covered pipe that was pretty shot. The stitches were coming off and the bowl rim was torched so I took it apart to see how bad the Briar was under the leather. There was lots of small fills scattered all over, maybe 18 or so but just tiny spots. I decided this one was as good as any to take a Dremel too and this is the result of my first attempt at rustication. I didn't take before shots because I was expecting a disaster but IMHO wound up with a nice little pipe!

So here are a few shots for ya

102711Pipes4e-bay003.jpg

102711Pipes4e-bay002-1.jpg

102711Pipes4e-bay015.jpg

Thanks for Lookin!

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
Looks great! especially for your first time, too bad it wasn't a volcano shape, only way I think it could have been approved upon. Also, where do you get the rack you have your cobs hanging in, I like that a lot.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks guys!!!

The rack that my cobs and projects are in came from the tool rack section of the hardware store. They are the same things I keep my screwdrivers in out in the garage. :wink:

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
OH! I forgot to mention that I got the idea from a pipe that, if I am not mistaken, was made by Uncle A. It was a candle drip theme I believe.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
looks awesome man. just redid four old leather wrapped ones myself.

warning: rusticating old pipes may be habit forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.