PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
So I bought a tin of this about 6wks ago. I folded a couple flakes right after opening the tin and I found it to be a little 'strong' I should say. This was my first time smoking flake so I didn't know what I was in for. I can honestly say I didn't really like it. I let it sit in a jar for a about 3wks and I tried it again rubbed out and still didnt really favor it. Tonight (about an hour ago) I packed up a bowl using the cube method and what a difference in flavor. I actually enjoy it. So I am filling my shopping cart on 4noggins with lots of different things to try out. I will make a post for all to see and comment 8)
Edit: Aaaand, I will be adding a tin to my order as well lol

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I've had mixed results with Erinmore as well, on the one hand I enjoy the sort of "juicy fruit" flavor, but my usual flake method is the fold and twist, and I don't find that Erinmore take well the that method, I always have a hard time getting it lit and keeping it going. My usual approach is if I can't fold it, I don't bother with it. And IMO putting some age on it does nothing for the burning characteristics, I cellared about an once for a whole year in a mason jar, but I couldn't even tell the difference. I like and hate it at the same time!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've got a tin I've been playing with at work. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something I enjoy once I work out the variables. Too much of a hassle to cube cut at work so I'm going to bring it home and try it. Right now I've been folding and stuffing it. I get brief times where I enjoy it, but I still haven't landed it yet.

madmick

Lurker
Oct 31, 2012
I have just tried this for the first time, and its my first flake tobacco to boot. I cube cut it just to keep things simple and because this is what I have read the best way to enjoy it. All I have to say is WOW 8O I have been missing out on some great flavors. Please keep in mind that I tend to smoke more Aros then anything else due to lack of supply in my area, so almost anything peaks the flavor meter for me. I think IMO this is a good tobacco to try flakes for the first time.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
I always fold and twist my flakes, I have had some issues with this particular blend, mostly just having to relight it, but I have not tried the cube cut yet...I think I'll give that a go the next time around.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I enjoy erinmore flake. i also prefer to dry and rub before smoking. the odor from the tin is not what i taste when smoked. i enjoy the burley Virginia component. i also enjoy mixing erinmore mixture with mcc red cake.
mike.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Erinmore fan here also. This weekend I discovered that a partially smoked bowl can sit overnight and still taste great the next morning.
@madmick -Great to see you going down the path of flake tobaccos. Yes there are some great flavors out there in the world of pressed tobaccos. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.