PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
If past experience tells you anything, you should buy at least 10 tins of each of the 4 blends because once one of the gurus gives his thumbs up, they will be sold out for the next 12 months and some horders will ebay them off for 3-5x the price ;-) :nana:

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Hmmm, 1957, year of my birth. I'll have to give that one a go. I'll report back.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
+1 on the English blend zanthal. im also curious about those blends. might have to throw in a tin on my next order. the Peter Stokkebye blends have been good to me so far, hope Eriks are just as good!

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
You know I may try the hoarding/ebay thing on these... Until then, the 1897 is in for my next order, if it is still available then. :)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Yep I'm still kickin' and bein' kicked, wouldn't have it any other way.
Peter Stokkebye's aromatics are good quality, same with their Balkan Supreme actually.
I gotta believe that these four new ones have to be a bit of a labor of love and pride, they should be good.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Since all the descriptions sounded delicious I just placed an order for one tin each at pipesandcigars.com

VAs, Burleys and Cavendishes with and without Vanilla flavouring - what can go wrong?

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
Ok guy...I will pass on my experiences and risk revealing my personal pipe smoking database.
Recently Eric was giving away samples at the Briar Shoppe in Houston TX. I picked three (1855, 1931 and 1957) and tried the 1855 while there. I bought a tin of the 1855 and Eric signed it. He was a soft spoken, very warm, friendly guy that was not pushing or hawking his wares. Clearly he was proud of the blends representing the three generations before him.
You can read my notes/reviews/diary I keep for my reference at http://pipes.sundown360.com/tag/pstokkebye. Keep in mind as you consider my notes that I am a oriental/lat type of guy. I still have small amounts of each blend and will be posting more as I smoke those last bowls.
I liked best the 1855 as it was a light but full flavored VA; the 1931 was very nice slices with a bolder taste but too much nic for this nic whimp; and the 1957 was an aromatic but with very little casing. I will enjy the tin I bought of the 1855 someday and was surprised as the 1957 aromatic was one I think I will like occasionally. Overall they lived up to what I think of PS blends and that is they are mild and smooth with flavors that are not in your face.
Yes, once a real reviewer writes one of their reviews with all the buzz words the blends will take off.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I just got 2 tins of this guys. The two non-aromatic ones. I will wait a bit before I open then thought, want to read some reviews first.
XD

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
mlyvers, just wanted to mention Mr. Stokkebye mentioned in an interview that the Cavendish is a Virginia Cavendish, not a Burley. Apparently there are significant differences and Cavendish does not equal Cavendish.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Not yet, but according to USPS there is a good chance that I will today ;-)
By the way: shopping at P&C is SO much nicer for us Canadians compared to 4Noggins. I'm really impressed.

P&C was 4 business days total turn around and I got a tracking number

4noggins was 22 business days and I had no clue where the fk my package was.

Same shipping cost. Guess who gets my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.