Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Erik Nording Hunter series pipes

(9 posts)
  1. mcbenis

mcbenis

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

Let me begin by wishing you all a blessed holiday season!

I have my eye on a Nording Hunter (2007) Elk and was wondering if anyone has one or can tell me how it smokes. It sure is a good looking pipe, but I don't want one that I can't smoke. Much like I don't own a gun that I can't shoot.

Thanks,
    Bret

Be Blessed!

Bret
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

First off, welcome to the forums!

Regarding a Nording pipe, as long as it is broken in and cared for properly, it will provide you with a long life of not only aesthetic beauty but a lifetime of fine smokes as well. Remember to clean it thoroughly after each use, dont let it get too hot while smoking it, and dont bang it off your shoe or anything else too solid to empty it. Nordings get a lot of love around here though Ive never owned one myself. In any case, Im sure your purchase will be a wise one!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. beewrangler2

beewrangler2

Login to Send PM

I have said pipe, and several more of the hunter series. I have not had a bad experience with any of them. Hopefully the one you are looking at comes with the tube and "poster" of info on that particular animal or aspect of hunting that Nording includes with the pipe. Funny, I started buying them, as a friend gave me one for Christmas and I have boughten several, some to smoke and duplicates to save unsmoked to pass down to my offspring. I really don't think you will be dissapointed, and think that once you have that "Elk" in your hands, you will want to look at getting others in the series. Like my pipes with a story. Bill

Professional Bee Handler, If you see me running, you should follow.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have 2 Quails and 1,Bear and they all smoke great. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. philobeddoe

philobeddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a Nording Elk Hunter and love it. Smokes cool and dry. It's one of my pipes that are dedicated to Blackhouse.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would kill for the bear, Nordings are made well and drilled well, always a good smoke in my honest opinion.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a Cobra that my wife oddly enough picked out and surprised me with.

Its a nice little pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

9. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My Nording FS smokes great. I don't always like all the goofy shapes he makes, but he's a master of crafting and finishing briar, the surface always looks awesome.

“ Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please. ”
    — Pythagoras
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   rebornbriar, yaddy306, victorybiker, jackni, beefeater33, eightywon, lucky695, pascal, gamxiaoyuan, daimyo, jeepnewbie, dread, dermotfahy, cmdrmcbragg, texmexpipe, frozenchurchwarden, jmatt, rsuninv