PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbenis

Lurker
Nov 28, 2012
Fallbrook, CA
Hi All,
Let me begin by wishing you all a blessed holiday season!
I have my eye on a Nording Hunter (2007) Elk and was wondering if anyone has one or can tell me how it smokes. It sure is a good looking pipe, but I don't want one that I can't smoke. Much like I don't own a gun that I can't shoot.
Thanks,

Bret

Jul 15, 2011
First off, welcome to the forums!
Regarding a Nording pipe, as long as it is broken in and cared for properly, it will provide you with a long life of not only aesthetic beauty but a lifetime of fine smokes as well. Remember to clean it thoroughly after each use, dont let it get too hot while smoking it, and dont bang it off your shoe or anything else too solid to empty it. Nordings get a lot of love around here though Ive never owned one myself. In any case, Im sure your purchase will be a wise one!

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
I have said pipe, and several more of the hunter series. I have not had a bad experience with any of them. Hopefully the one you are looking at comes with the tube and "poster" of info on that particular animal or aspect of hunting that Nording includes with the pipe. Funny, I started buying them, as a friend gave me one for Christmas and I have boughten several, some to smoke and duplicates to save unsmoked to pass down to my offspring. I really don't think you will be dissapointed, and think that once you have that "Elk" in your hands, you will want to look at getting others in the series. Like my pipes with a story. Bill

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I have a Cobra that my wife oddly enough picked out and surprised me with.
Its a nice little pipe.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
My Nording FS smokes great. I don't always like all the goofy shapes he makes, but he's a master of crafting and finishing briar, the surface always looks awesome.
9GiDj.jpg

t7qFk.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I know this is a year old, but I have a question.
I just got 2 Nording '98 Beavers in unsmoked-in the tube-with the papers condition.
Here is the description I found on CI:
As an extremely avid hunter, Nording developed the ’Hunter’ series - a once-a-year release featuring uniquely designed handmade shapes modeled to imitate the characteristics of certain animals.
Is this cleverly worded to say handmade shapes produced on a machine? lol I know they are limited edition and at the price they are at they could be machine started/hand finished or be VERY reasonably priced hand made pipes.
I suspect the former. I don't care past general curiousity. They are GORGEOUS and the draft is wide open on both of them.
Thanks!

Of course they're machine made. When you read about Erik's career in pipes, he will state that he is a machinist first and foremost. And, I don't believe that this distracts from how well made his pipes are at all. When I bring it up, people tend to get ruffled feathers, but this is from the horse's mouth. If you ever get the chance to talk with him (he is at almost every pipe show), ask him about his factory in Poland, where they are mass produced. It's funny to see him squirm a little, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.