Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
A friend of mine brought me an Erdinger beer sampler from Germany, the pack even had a weizen glass as a gift. Here are the pictures with some information:
Pack:
LbXNRGu.jpg

Weissbier: This one is a golden cloudy unfiltered weizen (wheat beer). It has some citrusy flavors as well as a hint of banana. It is one of my favorites that I prefer drinking when we sit with friends.
3O7ntcO.jpg

HK83I8d.jpg

Dunkel: It is a dark wheat beer which has a dark appearance and roasty, full-body flavor.
8XJQzKh.jpg

LAX0I5v.jpg

Kristall: This one is a filtered wheat beer, lacks the flavors that the unfiltered one has.
q8Rpj7J.jpg

pyvzEZT.jpg

Urweisse: This is an unfiltered traditional wheat beer and the winner of the pack for me. It feels very light on the tongue and has lots of flavors.
tYrsMhM.jpg

8l6ZLGW.jpg

Pikantus: This one was the heavy artillery of the pack; it is a weizenbock (wheat beer bock) with a 7.4% ABV. It had a liqourish taste with the notes of clove, caramel and pepper.
MGfZv8s.jpg

gZLI14m.jpg

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Javan ... you just made me crave for an Erdinger. The kristall and pikantum, never tried those before, must be some sort of limited edition. Very good beers overall. In as far as beers, we are very lucky in Europe :puffy:

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I drink nothing but German beer. The German Purity Act that they follow for their brewing process makes for the finest beer on the planet.
I'm an Andech's (Bavarian) beer lover and drink their Vollmier Hell (a lager) and their Dopplebock Dunkel (Dark). They also have a great Weissbeir (Wheat) as well.
My Second favorite is Erdinger Weiss. And right behind Erdinger is Konig Von Ludwigs Weissbier (another wheat).
A cold pint of a German beer and a bowl of baccy is orgasmic. At my age.
Yet I sit and wonder why so many people (mostly Americans) drink that toilet eater called Bud Light and Coors Light. American beer is some of the worst stuff out there. Thank heavens for proud Germans adhering to their strict recipe regimens and dedication to making REAL beer.
German Purity Act : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
https://www.organics.org/8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/ (side note: there's way more that 8 )

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
When I was in Germany I fell in love with a weissbier from a brewery called Weihenstephaner. They claim to have been in business since 1040. Some of my viking ancestors might have gulped some of it while raping bavarian nuns hehe. Erdinger is nice as well. I would love to try the Pikantus.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I have seen Weihenstephaner German beers in my exotic well stocked "licker' store here in CO. I need to give them a try.
Drinking a chilled Andechs Vollbier Hell with a bowl of GLP Regents Flake at this very moment. Just 3 more pints and I'm in the zone, ready to stir up the pot here on the forum ....but I'll avoid seducing ny nuns. ;)
That's a great price on those Erd' glasses on fleabay...thanks.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
workman I have been to the place where they make that, an abbey not far from Landshut where my god children live, that was one hell of a trip. Very good beer, the original premium ranks among my top preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.