PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Does it earn points for pipesmagazine/Forums when I enter a sponsor's site via Forums?

I go straight from my internet provider sometimes, but if I am already on Forums, I'll go

from here. I wonder if it boosts support if I go from Forums.

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
Its a good idea to click the banner ads and left side links. This way the forum will show as a referral site to the sponsors page. Which helps convince sponsors that this is a good place to advertise on.
And of course we could all use a purple Cadillac.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
According to Kevin there is a way sponsors can tell if we have arrived on their site via a PM.com link.

Whether they actively collect and use that info in their decision making process is an unknown.

It wouldn't surprise me if PM.com could monitor the links and use that info to promote advertising.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Usually there is a revenue stream generated by these ad clicks. I've been a writer on a few sites and that was how it worked: ads placed and clicked on generated some revenue for the site it was on.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I work 100% off my phone and get hit with email notifications for sale ads and such as a result of my entering the ads from this site. I'm not complaining, just saying. Happens on other forums from their sponsors too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was asking in order to more often enter sponsor and advertiser sites via

pipesmagazine/Forums, to support the site. But if it is irrelevant, I won't

make a point to do it. Just trying to support the side. But where will I park

the Cadillac?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have always wondered about this. If I can help the site by using the links here I will definitely do so. I think we need a definitive answer from the main man Kevin that way we can click on the links tons off times a day to help him out.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I suspect some of the advertisers here are doing analytics while others aren't. You can pretty well bet your more polished and aggressively marketed companies are absolutely watching their advertising dollar closely.
To GROSSLY oversimplify the world of analytics, there are basically two things; interest and conversion. Click-thrus are fine, and they have value, they show "interest" has been generated by the particular advertising venue. You can't become known if you don't get your name out there. Also, people that watch this type of traffic know that it can be artificially inflated and that's usually already factored in somewhere. A well intentioned click-a-thon to support your favorite pipe forum isn't really going to do much good. Now, when a click-thru "converts" to a sale, well that's the money shot boys. One conversion is worth many thousands of the "visit and leave" type of click-thru traffic.
If you really want to help Kevin and the site out, hit those links when you are actually ready to buy something. And you ARE going to buy something from these vendors at some point. Very few in this modern age are lucky enough to have even a half decent B&M local to them, a lot of us don't have anything at all. For a lot of us these e-tailers are the only game in town for pipes and our favorite blends.
Again, if you want to support this site then hit the banners and links when you are actually ready to purchase, that will get noticed. I'm not affiliated with any of them but you can bet your Smokingpipes, Lane/STG/Sutliffs, P&C, guys like that are doing their due diligence when it comes to analytics and revenue generating traffic. I've worked at the management level at manufacturers of consumer goods and I know exactly how much attention this sort of stuff gets.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
us1jpr.jpg
:mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pimpin'? Hadn't thought of it that way. Sounds like if you buy something after accessing through

PM/Forums, some sponsors and advertisers may give the site credit. Probably hit or miss, depending

on the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.