Tags:  No tags yet. 

Ennerdale Flake

(13 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by willwoodbine
  • Latest reply from pitchfork
  1. willwoodbine

willwoodbine

Login to Send PM

What can I say, its like being punched in the face with a bag of English Heritage's finest gift shop potpourri, with a hint of turkish delight thrown in. Ive tried a few flakes recently, but this is something else entirley, Im rather glad I used a cob because I can imagine this on lingering in the pipe for a good time to come. I think Ill rub it out and try blending it with something...

Has anyone else tried this tabac?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. pitchfork

pitchfork

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Love it. One of my favorites. Once you make peace with the fact that flowers were used to scent your tobacco, it is wonderful stuff. Fruity, perfumey, sweet, happy flavors. Plus, the underlying VA's are wonderfully soft and sweet. Yes, it will ghost.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. atboth

atboth

Login to Send PM

Tried it in 2010. First thing that came to mind was the whiff of urinal cake in a bar bathroom, as well as a suspicion that it was meant to be smoked in strip joints. Underneath that bizarre perfume it's actually decent flake, but the smell is too disturbing for normal usage.

Don't bother blending it with something else, simply jar it and revisit during your more degenerate moments.
    Smoked very slow and gentle it will not ghost your pipe significantly, though a bowlful of a Latakia mixture will taste very peculiar in that pipe next time you fill it.

-----ATBOTH
    Boring wafflegab about tobacco.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Yes, it will ghost.

That is the epitome of understatements

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, it will ghost.

Think Poltergeist. Not Caspar.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I was thinking Nightmare on Elm Street. I mixed it in with a bunch of other stuff to hide it get rid of it ect now it haunts my mixed up jar wont let me sleep and there is still a good bit left in another jar creating frightening fruity smells and noises from my hutch.... *shivers* I keep seeing the haunting shadows of pineapples and flowers creeping across the walls at night...

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

*shivers* I keep seeing the haunting shadows of pineapples and flowers creeping across the walls at night...

Oh, the horror!

The sad thing is, for some of us, our lakeland experience isn't much different than yours, darjones

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It will ghost!!! I have a Bjarne apple that I used to smoke about a dozen bowls of ennerdale in about 10 years ago. To this day I can still taste ennerdale at the end of every bowl in that pipe. I have reamed, salt and alcohol, cleaned...etc...and still the ghost persists. Powerful stuff. I do like the flake, but its a once in a while thing for me in a cob.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. doctorthoss

doctorthoss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, it will ghost but I LOVE it! This is one of my all-time favorite blends, although I know it's not everybody's cup of tea.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

To this day I can still taste ennerdale at the end of every bowl in that pipe.

Ohin3, someone posted a link to an old article by Greg Pease on how to rid any pipe of a ghost using activated charcoal; the article is on Greg's website. Greg provides a step-by-step and it looks simple and pretty straight forward. You might want to give it a try to finally exorcise that ghost from your Bjarne apple.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To tell you the truth, I kind of like the ghost being there in that pipe. It adds character. It only shows up in the last few puffs of the bowl so it's not like it ruins the smoke. I still chuckle every time it shows up at the end of the bowl and am reminded of my drive to Nova Scotia when I moved here from the states. I was on a pretty steady Lakeland diet at the time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. drrock

drrock

Login to Send PM

I really like Ennerdale Flake. I have to presume that many of the Lakeland tobaccos are "love 'em or leave 'em" baccys. If you like the taste, the underlying tobaccos used are absolutely fabulous.
    I would really like to have a men's cologne that smells like Ennerdale Flake - anyone know of one?

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. pitchfork

pitchfork

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would really like to have a men's cologne that smells like Ennerdale Flake - anyone know of one?

I'd prefer a woman that smells like Ennerdale, but that's just me.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   racerx, fnord, toby67, klause, elpfeife, trailboss, newbroom, eightywon, mcitinner1, kcghost