PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have this old GBD Granitan bent billiard. Its got a small portion of the rim missing due to someone lighting it over the years. The outside finish is marred in a few places, but cleaned up nicely. However you cannot judge a book by its cover because it is one of the sweetest smoking pipes I have. Amazing flavor.

Anyone else have a pipe like this?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I have an old Custombilt estate that is ugly as sin, albeit in good shape, that is hands down one of my best pipes. I'd never part with it...

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
A number of my pipes were purchased when I was a poor graduate student and basket pipes were mostly all that I could afford. I've been lucky with basket pipes because they've all smoked well for me. Among them are a bent bulldog that is more fill than briar. I exaggerate, but not a lot and as it ages the fills have become much more noticeable. Still, it smokes like a champ and is one of my favorites for a late evening, walking the dogs, smoke.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I have a Custombilt pot shape and chewed up stem, its in my regular rotation, usually my Sunday afternoon pipe.

It was liked enough by its previous owner to have a repair band put on it along with a replacement stem.

Great smoker, good for that long afternoon smoke
Tom

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I wouldn't call it ugly, but I have an Ehrlich billiard that is the most plain, no frills pipe in my collection, yet it is an excellent smoker! I also have an Italian basket Dublin, plain and full of fills, that's a great smoker, though it did take a long time to break in.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Me too - old WDC I smoke from time to time. It has a great flavor, I guess form the briar being seasoned for so many years.

wdc-600x448.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.