PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
Good Evening All,

I just recieved a blend that is in the "pressed tobacco" form. Being totally unfamiliar with how one uses such a variety I have a few questions that perhaps you can help me with.
1) I assume that I break it appart before use? What next do I do to use it?
2) If I long term storage it do I leave it in the chunks or break it up?
This is definitly a new experiance for me.............you old hands are probably smiling if not in total laughter!............... When you can get hold of yourselves, I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks,

IMP
:roll:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If it is in a plug (a big block), just shave off a couple of flakes and chop them up or rub them out until they are a good size to stuff in your pipe. If it is already in flakes (slices like beef jerky), you can rub them out, cube them up or fold and stuff it into the pipe to smoke.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Plum Pudding is more of a crumble cake, isn't it? You should be able to just break some off pretty easily if so.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
That's what I was hoping Scot, it's one of my favorite blends. Just break a chunk off and rub it into the consistency you like and gravity feed it into the bowl then tamp it down until the draw feels right and light it up. It may take a bit to get fully lit but its a rewarding smoke. I like to leave it a bit chunky if its windy out or I want a slower burn, you can pretty much rub it out to whatever you prefer though.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
On a side note this pairs amazingly with Jameson, the sweetness in the Jameson brings out the sweetness present in Plum Pudding and the smokiness of the Latakia balances well with the Oaky flavor of the Jameson. I'm sure it would go well with many different whiskies, single malts, or even a good strong cup of coffee.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I think Plum Pudding goes well with just about anything. You are in for a treat, scottishjohn.

Status
Not open for further replies.