PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

njrox91

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
Alright well to start off, I'm more of an aromatic man myself, but anything but English tobacco I can smoke on a daily basis.

I have a few ounces of stored English for when it feels right but that's not very often. I bought a pound of the "cheapest pipe tobacco" from cup o joes which like pipesandcigars "best of the rest" is supposed to be a mix of random blends, but it's a pound of English! Iv read on here about letting English age for a year or so to mellow out the flavor, but is there anything I can do about this tobacco? Maybe those liquid flavors that I see at my smoke shop? I think their called tasty puffs? does anyone have any experience with these flora drops?Any suggestions to calm this rough English lb?

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Try mixing your English blend with an aromatic, 2 parts Aromatic to 1 part English.
Experiment, you might find you really like the Aromatic/English crossover flavor. Kinda like Frog Morton, which many consider a crossover blend.
If you try it, let us know how you like it.
~Zekest

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I, for one, would love a pound of English blend. But, if it is too much for you I would recommend diluting it with something mild, like CH. Don't do the whole pound, of course. Take a small jar or empty tin and try 50/50 with CH and see how you like it. I'd not recommend an aromatic. I'm not an aromatic-hater, but I don't think that latakia goes well with most aromatics. I know that there are some successful blends of latakia with something aromatic, like Frog Morton, but this is too subtle for me to try to reproduce -- this is for the master blenders -- and I'd shy away from that. I'm not sure that an English mixed with some generic vanilla or cherry blend would work right. But, certainly cut it with something and see how it goes. My guess is that after a while you will start to shift the blend to more and more English until you find yourself liking English blends.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I think Wilson is right - try mixing small amounts with other blends. Don't use cheap aros. I suppose you could try those flavor things, although try with small amounts. Certainly you can try setting some - maybe most of it - aside to try at another time.
I would also review my smoking technique. Make sure you are smoking slowly, and not puffing like a train. Sip, relax.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Funny man, a regular comedian...
Don't use cheap aros. I suppose you could try those flavor things
The guy says don't mix with an Aromatic Pipe Tobacco, but go ahead, the non-food grade flavored additives in squirt bottles sold in head shops is all right by him.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Don't know if it would work for you maybe you could mix it with something like a 4noggins bulk Britt's Balkan which is a English with some vanilla in it or a Two Friends English Chocolate. A lot mixing choices out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.