PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Just finished a bowl of Dan's London Blend in a corncob... Doesn't get much better.

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
I agree with nsfisher, everything is good in a cob.

I have a cob for every blend of tobac I smoke on a regular basis.

cezario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
+ 1 with Fisher and Dragon. MM General + vintage Bengal Slices or new Oullete's Fusilier Ration = outstanding smoke.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Most types of blends are excellent in cobs, in my experience. I find that the heavier the English/Balkan, the better it smokes in a MM while "lighter" English blends tend to smoke okay but not great. Another great combo is a flavorful Va/Per in a dedicated cob.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Mmmm cobs. I originally bought a grab bag of "smokable seconds" for testing new blends; I ended up loving them so much I bought a few more in the styles I preferred. Completely in love with the Missouri Pride and the General.
I suppose what I'm getting at is that most of these pipes which I'd originally purchased as cheapie testers have found my way into my regular rotation. Deee-lish with anything I put through them.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Haven't notice anything defrent while smoking english (EMP, NightCap, 965, royality by Davidoff)in my MM general.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Anything in a cob tastes and smokes great! Lately I've been smoking a lot more Nightcap out of my MM cobs than in my briars.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Today I get my first Virginia (at least its scheduled to arrive). I think I might pick up a few corn cobs to try out the Virginia since 100% of my smoking so far has been aros. (ie: I dont have a fresh pipe to try our the Virginia). Plus it will be nice to try out a Cob.

Status
Not open for further replies.