PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Greetings Chaps,
I have been smoking a lot of aromatics recently due to the fear that I’ll offend/upset/disturb anyone I happen to be smoking around, who is a non-smoker. I would like to try a stronger tobacco with a kick, these aromatics though comforting is just not as pleasing as they were. For a while I used to smoke a Navy Flake, but unfortunately others did not approve of the smell, therefore in sacrifice to the benefit of others I decided to stop (weeps). I really enjoy Samuel Gawith’s Squadron Leader, but fear it may be too unpleasent for others.
I prefer ribbons at the moment mainly due to me having more larger bowled pipes.
Any thoughts?
Kind Regards,

Herm

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
One of my favorites is Two Friends English Chocolate. It's a lat blend with just a hint of cocao. Very nice room note and a very fine tobacco from Greg Pease and Craig Tarler.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
After further thought and keeping with the C&D line you may want to consider C&D's USS Mason, which is also a let blend with a brandy topping. Smooth smoke with a nice aroma to it. Just a thought.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Coincidently, I've been on an aromatic English kick lately.
English Chocolate, as mentioned above, is a good one. Very high quality blend. Broken flake.
Pipeworks & Wilke No. 5 is another good one, and ribbon cut.
I also like Battleground, available from The Humidor in Murfreesboro, TN. Originally a 310 recipe. It's not really an English, but it's a blend of black Cavendish, Latakia, and perique with a great room note.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Thank you so much gentleman for the sugestions. I look foward to trying these out, from the looks of it I may have to order from the states, but thats a small price for a quality smoke. :)
Thank you once again,
Herm

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Good luck with your search. I have as yet to find a crossover English I really enjoyed - I can smoke a couple of ounces, but after that, it's all downhill.

Happily, room note is not a concern for me. :)

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Welcome aboard Herm! If you're not in the States, check out 4noggins.com. They have great international shipping.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I usually smoke outside with my wife so I dont get the lingering smell in the house but she seems to almost like the figurative "room" note of the Dunhill Elizabethan mixture. Says it reminds her of smokey dried fruit. I really enjoy that blend myself so it works out.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Check out Esoterica's Pembroke or Smokers' Haven Cognac. Both high quality English blends with a cognac topping. They both burn well, taste good and have a great room note.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
You could also look at something that, while lacking an aeromatic topping, is lighter in texture and room note than either a navy or full-blown English blend. Something like Ashton Consumate Gentleman or Dunhill EMP could just do the trick.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the other suggestions guys, i'll make sure to add to my list.
Special thanks Matt for the site, done my work for me :).

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
The original Frog Morton is a good English with a nice room note, I'm also a fan of C&D's Epiphany smells like and aro to me but smokes like an English, Good Luck to you on finding the right one.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.