PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Aboard the Frigate today for about 50 minutes.
Nothing requiring shootin', so I settled into me pipe.
About 2/3 in, I encountered a nic hit like a monsoon. I was swayin' from stem to stearn and me cap almost blew overboard.
Anyone else ever get a randomly heavy nic hit, unexpectedly?
Jay :nana:

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
Boy, these are some rough and tough pirates aboard this Black Frigate. :wink:
Speed and an empty stomach will get ya.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Damn, hoping it was about actually sailing, what with the America's Cup and all.
Yes, have been gybed over by unexpected nic squalls....

Jan 8, 2013
I always try to make sure I eat something before having a pipe. You never know when that Lady Nicotine might be having a bad day haha.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The effect of nicotine is function of the body's resilience. Sometimes we don't notice our fatigue/and or smoking cadence, and we get whacked. Happens to everyone who likes full-body.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Food and water (to wash down the rum) help. I'd crossed the whole Mighty Pacific without seasickness then got the dry heaves on a little jaunt up the coast for missing breakfast. So be warned me matey.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
@SaintPeter I was going to suggest Drunken Sailor, one of my faves. I used to sing Drunken Doggie to my Corgi Mixes, Frisco and Kitty. Frisco below. Your song has just become my new favorite.

@jaytex969 I have been living in the land of Arrrrrrr for decades. I bought, but have not yet tried, Black Frigate on your posts. Nautical films, books, and shanties are my fave... well one of them.

DSC00014.JPG

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I'll have to find a better pic of him and his sister KittyKat. Same mom, same litter, different dads. As to your question, I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.