PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
So I recently found out that an old friend of mine was interested in pipe smoking and had smoked a few bowls. I had nothing to do with his entry. But we've been talking about pipes and technique and tobacco. And I'm sending him a sampler from my cellar. There is no better feeling than enabling an excited new member of the honorable and venerable fraternity of pipe smokers.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
There is no better feeling than enabling an excited new member of the honorable and venerable fraternity of pipe smokers.
Here, here!! :clap:
I have a new one "under my wing" currently ... he is schooling me on archery in return for pipe smoking tips! :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got one here too. Got him into pipes, and he is helping me figure out how to grow a proper handlebar moustache.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
It is always great to be able to share knowledge in exchange for knowledge in another hobby or specific area.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
I bet that is a good feeling. I sure wish i had more friends, hell, A FRIEND, that was interested in smoking pipes with me. The baccy shops are a little too intimidating for me! Full of old Masons puffing on cigars!

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
I know what you mean, it's a good feeling to share your pipe knowledge with a newcomer. Even better if you can give them some of your tobacco and/or pipes.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I gifted two friends this past weekend with MM cobs and a few ounces of tobacco, Lane BCA and Frog Morton.
I enjoyed sharing my experiences and talking to them about the different brands, styles, etc., that I've learned about in my short nine months of smoking the pipe. Unfortunately, they both live many miles away so, after our long weekend together, I still have no one locally to smoke with.
Still, I feel like I did a good deed.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Good on ya!! I love enabling new pipe smokers. I keep a bunch of MM seconds handy to give to friends that express an interest in trying pipe smoking. I'll give them a pipe, a tamper and a bit of tobacco and they're good to go. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.