PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I just got a pound of EMP from Rich at 4 Noggins. I have a pound that I got from payless pipes several months ago. I have read the reviews of it and went with that. The one from payless has a nice sweetness to it and no hint of latakia in it as the review said it didn't. The one from Rich I could smell the lat through the bag. Some people have maintained that EMP has lat in it but with the first pound I got I could not identify by smell any lat in it. Which one is which??? The tobacco review said no lat which is why I bought it as I have enough lat blends in my stash. I'm not bashing anyone here don't misunderstand I just don't know what the real EMP is supposed to smell or taste like.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Sure wish I knew what the hell I got the first time. That stuff is really tasty and I've grown to like having that first thing in the morning.

Jul 12, 2011
I have been buying by the pound from SP.com, perfect every time. I

was concerned at first when they started offering bulk and worried

about quality control from Tin versions, but everything was the same.

A good smokey / Oriental forward blend that is perfect for the AM

smoke with coffee or tea

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
The first time I smoked EMP it was out of a tin that my tobacconist had opened that had been sitting around forever, so I'm pretty sure it was the real original EMP. The stuff from Rich tastes exactly like I remember it, you just have to let it dry a bit as it comes a bit moist for my liking. EMP has latikia and I think unsweeted black cavendish as well, but very little lat, but you can definitely smell it. Rich's EMP from 4noggins is awesome in bulk, it's twice as much as most tobacco, but it's worth every penny.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I called payless pipes I i was told that it was early morning match not EMP. So that answered my question. I like the match much better. Altadis blends that so i will have to get some more.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Roth, if I remember right that royal yacht match came as a flake. I look forward to try some of that when I get to it in my cellar. As I said before that Early Morning match tastes very good to me and I will get more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.