PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I received a sample packet of this blend with my latest order from Smoking Pipes. The tobacco is a mixture of burley, perique, and virginia and comes as a partially rubbed out flake. At the start let me say that I really enjoyed this blend. Sweet, earthy, with a definite taste of molasses, which may be due to the burley, some grassiness from the virginia, and a spicy peppery kick from the perique. The mouth feel is creamy as is the smoke. It can be harsh if smoked too aggressively, but sipped lightly and slowly it provides a very satisfying cool smoke with a bit of a nic hit. Coming from a background of smoking English and Oriental blends, full is not a term that comes to mind when I smoke virginia burley blends, or any virginias, but this is a moderately full flavored tobacco on any terms. It's not something that I would classify as an all day smoke, but it is a blend that I could enjoy a couple of times in the course of a day. Definitely on my list of blends to buy and have on hand when I want something a little sweet, spicy, and savory.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Review is spot on except for me the sourness was just too forward. I probably over cooked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.