PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
My mom hipped me to this. I'm no animal rights activist, but I have a big place in my heart for animals and can't bring myself to kill anything. Not saying I wouldn't kill an animal to feed my family if need be. Anyway, to any of you that think "Animals are dumb and don't have feelings." THINK AGAIN!!!! This is extraordinary. It is not just one elephant. Search "Elephant painting" on Youtube and you will see several examples of these elephant artists. Sorry for posting a non pipe post, but this video floored me and I thought it to be post worthy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=SNogdpHeuiE&NR=1
Hmmmm. Not sure why the video didn't pop up. I've posted other videos on here and they posted as videos, not links. Mods, if you could fix this I'd appreciate it.

stanwellman

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2011
On one hand, yes, it is amazing…

But, on the other hand, it would be a hell of a lot more amazing to watch that elephant, from a distance, in his natural habitat, doing things that mother nature intended for elephants to do… .

Once again, we amuse ourselves by watching the same old story: man conquers nature and bends it to its will, in the process destroying nature… .

How much abuse may this elephant have taken to learn what the humans were trying to teach it, in order for us to be amazed?

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
On one hand, yes, it is amazing…

But, on the other hand, it would be a hell of a lot more amazing to watch that elephant, from a distance, in his natural habitat, doing things that mother nature intended for elephants to do… .

Once again, we amuse ourselves by watching the same old story: man conquers nature and bends it to its will, in the process destroying nature… .

How much abuse may this elephant have taken to learn what the humans were trying to teach it, in order for us to be amazed?

That is definitely a spin on this I never thought of. I can't believe more people didn't comment on this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.