PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heetoshura

Lurker
Aug 8, 2015
I'm curious as to how people think these lighters would work with pipe tobacco,I didn't even know they existed until someone told me about them(I don't partake in the stuff they normally would be used for) https://www.elementiumlighter.com/collections/pure-spark-elite
Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

heetoshura

Lurker
Aug 8, 2015
The pure spark elites seem like they would be best for pipes,the other ones just seem like they would be awkward to even attempt.

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
For 25 bucks it's probably worth a try. I wonder what the diameter is and if you could actually get it down inside the bowl of the pipe

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Obviously meant for the ganja gang, but would these work for a piper?
Like most smokers I've got a drawer/bowl full of lighters and have yet to find the perfect torch yet for my indoor and outdoor needs.
A few inexpensive Imcos have come close but they still fall short.
Fnord

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Same principle as the cigarette lighters in cars. I don't know what their definition of "deep" is, regarding bowl depth, but the product doesn't look like it would reach 1/3 of the way down my volcano and other deep bowls. Icons at the bottom of the page link to videos. Same size, therabouts, of a bic, but no deep reaching flame. No specs listed.
They have others they call plasmatic, but look like piezoelectric to me. I don't recall the temperature in which ambient air becomes plasma, but I bet they don't reach it.
"It's Elementium, dude !!"
Stoner FAIL ! (No disrespect to intelligent Medicinal users of the 10,000+ year old noble weed)

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Arc lighters require that whatever is to be lit must come into contact with the arc. You can't have the arc a half inch above the bowl and draw on the pipe to light it. You would need to bring the arc into direct contact with the tobacco. Idk how well that would work unless you overfilled the bowl and set the arc into it. And definitely wouldn't work for relights. Even the ones you can stick down into the bowl, you would have to press it into the ash. I don't think they would work well for a dope pipe either, these are probably meant to light joints and blunts.

heetoshura

Lurker
Aug 8, 2015
Good to know people's opinions,I was intrigued by the concept because having a rechargeable lighting source that doesn't need fluids/butane and such would be neat if it worked well,thank you for the answers!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I have seen their plazmatic lighter, a colleague of mine bought one once. It was kind of burning everything that it was touching. I would never use one. For lighting my pipes, I prefer matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.