Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Elbert Gubbels, President, The House of E. Gubbels B.V. in Holland. They are the makers of Big Ben Pipes, Hilson Pipes, and Bentley Pipes. They also used to make Porsche Pipes.
Elbert-Gubbels.jpg

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Wonderful interview yet again! I was just in Tokyo over the weekend and saw some of the Bentley pipes at a shop in Ginza, I had no idea that they were made from the same guys as Big Ben and Hilson. He seemed like a very stand up guy who is passionate about his work and still admitted to having things to learn (like when he was working with Barbi).
Also wanted to mention the Dr. Billy Taylor interview. He's a true gent and answered a lot of my questions through email before I bought a The Pipe (what a pain to use the indefinite and definite article back to back). Thanks to him I am a proud owed of a black Dublin the pipe. It is a great pipe for tasting and reviewing tobaccos.
I was wondering since we had J.T. Cooke on the show if any other American carvers would be available for interviews like The Boswells or Mark Tinsky.
Keep up the exceptional work,
Andrew in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.