PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Great review. Sounds good enough to buy 100 pounds and make tobacco angels for hours. Having tried to work through a tin of the highest rated CAO blend, Moontrance, and not getting along at all, I think I would have to pass on purchasing Eileen's Dream. A gifted bowl, maybe, but too many other aromatics that I know I enjoy to waste what little pipe smoking time I have on a brand that has left me less than satisfied with an unusual chemical taste. If it were not for that previous disappointment, this review would have me adding Eileen's Dream to my next shipment.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
This is a really good tobacco in my opinion, but my dad's love for it is unreal. I bought a tin of this a little while back and smoked maybe three bowls of it before my dad tried it, he ended up finishing that tin and is working on another tin of Eileen's Dream he got with a pipe for Fathers Day.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Dangit homeguard95 now I want to try it! Have you tried Moontrance? Just curious if any similarities in the tobacco character. The local cigarette/hookah store does carry CAO and I am prone to impulse purchases while the wife gets groceries...

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
I have a tin of this but have only smoked one bowl. I remember thinking it tasted overly "fake" and wasn't too impressed. Of course, I will have to smoke a few more bowls before making a final determination.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Macabra11 I think we are trying to describe the same sensation. Almost like a Diet Coke compared to The Real Thing.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Yeah, the best way I can describe it is like some of those Torrani coffee syrup flavors. Concentrated, over-the-top and they don't actually taste like what they're supposed to. Ya know how grape flavored stuff doesn't taste anything like real grapes? This tobacco is like that IMHO.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
metarzan I have not tried moontrance so I can't speak for how they compare to one another.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I purchased a CAO sampler.
Eileen's Dream was fantastic. The tin note alone is worth it. The review was point-on.
Bella Vanilla is like a really nice "Tri-Five" Chevy (1955-56-57) in a car show, there is so much competition in this space, that it has to be way beyond nice, beyond special, even beyond excellent, to even get noticed. Sad but Vanilla Cavendish is like a 1957 Chevy, everybody has one, common, and a dime a dozen.
Moontrance I have yet to try. It's been two years in the cellar, and I will try it someday.
Cherrybomb was my least favorite.

jcury

Lurker
Feb 11, 2015
I am smoking Eileen's Dream for a week now, maybe 1-2 times a day, it is good but not great, I love the moontrance far better. Finished the tin in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.