PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Picked up this Ehrlich's off craigslist and was wondering if anyone had a good idea on worth? It's big, 96 grams and 7 inches long, with the GB stamp-George Bushee. I think the button is beyond saving and have been talking to George Dibos on maybe replacing the stem.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Probably not a ton, but Ehrlichs have been listed on eBay for quite a lot lately.
OOlN44E9JV-1200x1200.png

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I have numerous Ehrlich pipes; all purchased for around $25, including an unsmoked meer-lined billiard. I smoke them while I do yard work. I think Ehrlich and Peretti pipes are well made but for some reason do not seem to retain much value downstream. I like them because they carry some nostalgia for me, as I have lived in the greater Boston area my entire life and started my smoking journey at Ehrlichs many years ago.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
The majority of my pipes are Ehrlichs. You would be lucky to get $50 out of it. Most of mine are to in the ballpark of $25. I have two that went over said price. I think they were worth their price and then some. A George Bushee pipe may bring more, but in better mouthpiece shape. Doesn't mean you can't send it off to get fitted and have an excellent smoker, which all whom have had an Ehrlich agreed what they are. Excellent smokers for an incredible price.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Well I gave it a quick ream and clean to see how it smoked and it's a keeper. I also have a bit of a soft spot for Ehrlich's. Years ago I stopped in while on vacation and picked up a beautiful block of briar out of which I carved the first two pipes that I ever smoked.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Troutface, They don't have a resale value worth a damn. But they smoke great and thats what counts for guys like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.